Keeps dropping my login!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm using Firefox... just upgraded to version 15.0. Have used Firefox for almost all my time on SB, but as I said, I just upgraded to this version recently.

Admit it Howard... you and Pete don't want me "on Board" any more. Sniff!

I have never been dropped by Firefox, and just upgraded. I could be your ISP, Bill.

Damn... he figured out my fiendish scheme!

wow, a lot has changed around here Howard wants DD to hang around but not Dr Bill ;-)

Ok, for my problem, further troubleshooting indicates it must be the "Remember Me" box. It hasn't been dropping me on any system since setting that.

So, feedback:
- apparently the period of inactivity before logging you out is ~2 seconds because I log in, click "Forums" and boom I'm already logged out.
- I suggest changing "Remember me" to "Keep me logged in". "Remember me" can be confusing because in my past website experience, "Remember me" means keep my login name so I only have to type the password. That then fell into the "nice but not essential cause I can just type my name" category.
- I never had to select that in the past.
- In my system security mind, "keep me logged in" is a bad thing because anyone can start my browser and I'm already logged in. Not much havoc to be had but possible.

Thanks for all the help!

So, I have been having this problem for the past couple of days, cleared cookies and upgraded to firefox v16.0.1. lets see if this fixes it... I have checked the remember me box.

Shasta, do you use tapatalk on your tablet? I just had the thought it might be related to how SB tapatalk and their security works together. . . I use tapatalk all the time from my tf300 and my phone...

really is an annoyance. is there a way that we as users can set within sb's usercp to not log us out unless we leave the site? I know returning after leaving requires cookies, so that is a easy local setting.

So... what happened with this?

Tapatalk if you use some of their features (the notifier) was doing some weird things. I also notice that Tapatalk keeps users "alive" more than the regular site cookie. I don't know if there's something with how tapatalk is doing it that interferes. However. If that is the case, the only answer I can give to tapatalk is to discontinue use of tapatalk for a while and see if that solves your problem.

The other question I would have (whenever there are issues effecting a specific browser) is. Does this problem happen with other browsers, or just the one you were using?

wow, a lot has changed around here Howard wants DD to hang around but not Dr Bill ;-)
That's funny,

anyway, got bounced again today, Howard mentioned notifier, I had a message yesterday, I'll try to see if there are any similarities between my notifications and being bounced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom