"The board is down for maintenance"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonhall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Since at least early this past week (I think maybe even last week), I have been logging in only to see the message, " The board is down for maintenance." Basically have always clicked on a bookmarked link to take me to the login screen. In a round about way (playing around) I was able to Google search a thread where I was able to log in and things were fine - I also bookmarked page in case something changed in the SB website address. It worked for a few days, but has since gone back to the original problem of the "down for maintenance" message and, although I can log in, I continue to get that message whatever I click on. I again did the Google search trick to get me to where I could type this.

Any thoughts?

I found that my bookmark had the word "web" in front of "scubaboard". When I deleted "web", I could log right in.

I found that my bookmark had the word "web" in front of "scubaboard". When I deleted "web", I could log right in.

Yes, the proper URL/Website address is: www.scubaboard.com

The "web" prefix was used for a short time while @Miyaru was working to recover the corrupted database caused by a server crash. Currently ScubaBoard's home page is still being worked on along with fixing a few other glitches.

Toss yer cookies. Shift + Ctrl + Refresh will work on Chrome. "Refresh" is that CW circular arrow in the upper left of your browser by the left/right arrows. I think this works on most browsers.

BTW, it's a good idea to toss your cookies as you leave any site, including SB. That way you'll get the freshest look when you go back in.

BTW, it's a good idea to toss your cookies as you leave any site, including SB. That way you'll get the freshest look when you go back in.
I have never found "tossing my cookies" has improved my web experience or any other experience for that matter, especially underwater although it does attract fish.

This was the problem - I hope. I switched to the "web" version from the just plain old "scubaboard.com" to get it to work this past week. Have now gotten rid of the "web" and it worked! Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom