Kamaaina Rates - Post the best deal you know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

osujamesc

Registered
Reaction score
I tried getting a tread going that people could post kama'aina dive rates on to compare, but it didn't take off. I'm wondering if we broaden this idea out to any kama'aina rate on anything, maybe people will post and we can all take advantage.

Please post the best kama'aina rate that you know of.

The Feast at LeLe - this luau in lahaina, Maui, costs $99 usuaully, it is a sit down show with far fewer people than the typical luau and the food comes to you, no buffet line. The kama'aina rate is $69, this is where my wife and I take our guests visiting from the mainland.

I'm interested in the various hotel rates for kama'aina on the different islands.

Peace,
James

osujamesc:
I tried getting a thread going that people could post kama'aina dive rates on to compare, but it didn't take off. I'm wondering if we broaden this idea out to any kama'aina rate on anything, maybe people will post and we can all take advantage.

Please post the best kama'aina rate that you know of.
Ualena, aka Maui Myth and Magic Theater has kamaaina rate of $40 for the $58 seats. I'll be taking my daughter there tomorrow.

Charlie99:
Ualena, aka Maui Myth and Magic Theater has kamaaina rate of $40 for the $58 seats. I'll be taking my daughter there tomorrow.
Charlie,

Thanks for the info. Tell me what you think of the show when you get back. We almost took the in-laws to that while they were visiting over christmas, we ended up going whale watching instead. That leads me to another kama'aina deal...

The Pacific Whale Foundation gives their 2 hour tour for $12 for kama'aina instead of the usual $20.

James

Blue Hawaiian helos 2 hour tour $385, Kamaaina -25%....ALways ask, everywhere! You would be shocked who offers it!

Hanauma Bay

Entry with Hawaiian ID is free, just need to pay for the parking (so I have been told - always too busy for my taste)

Also found a page on Kama'aina rates

Also ask at Maui divers...I think it's 20% off for locals

captain Joe's 30 dollar dives on the Nori Z. (unguided)

The cabanna chairs at the Mandarin (now the Kahala) are 20 dollars a day, frozen grapes and cabana boy with spritzer included. This is the best deal around....valet park, get a cabana chair, split a sandwich with your honey bun, and stay all day at a five star resort...for twenty bucks and then don't forget to get your parking validated. I used to do this at the Ritz in Laguna Niguel too, they actually encourage locals to support the restaurants at these hotels.

Who needs the Outrigger at 10K to join? That is for trust fund breathers.
Unless you paddle, of course.

But, please, try and be civilised.:wink: You shouldn't drink as much and get too rowdy if you aren't paying 600/ night.

If you need to stay on Kauai, the Sheraton Kauai has $125/night kama'aina rates. That is a huge chunk off regular.

And Leesa is right, Hanauma Bay is free with Hawaiian ID. We used our car insurance card before I got a Hawaiian driver license.

Atlantis Submarine in Maui is $25 each Kama'aina and guests of locals are $42. Regular rate is $74 I believe.

Matt

I know the Ranch on Oahu has some good rates. I took my family on the Movie tour which is a big school bus with big tires and do a tour were all the movies took place. It was only 20$ per person and we had a good time. Fun to do once, but I will admit thats about it. The best time to go is when a lot of rain has happened or is happening cause then all the waterfalls are going and there is some 100 waterfalls on that land. Its awesome.

Back
Top Bottom