Kamaaina Rates - Post the best deal you know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Island Divers gives a good 20% discount to locals on equipment and dives. and if you join the dive club they run its like 50% off on all boat dives. Best I could find on the Kona coast.

Big Island Divers gives a good 20% discount to locals on equipment and dives. and if you join the dive club they run its like 50% off on all boat dives. Best I could find on the Kona coast.
Good scoop.

I was disappointed to find Jack's does not offer any local discount after moving to Oahu. Diving with them for 12 years. I get the feeling there is a deal for some, but was given a flat "no" when I asked. Funny, because the same local faces often show up when the boat does not have many signed on for the day.

I'll definitely be calling Big Island Divers next trip over to Kona. My local shop on Oahu does a similar club thing. Can't be beat.

Okay, since this thread is about general Kama'aina rates, there is a resort wear clothing store on the Waikiki Beach Walk called 'Overboard' that gives 10% on all regular price merchandise. Tommy Bahama, Tori Richard, XCVI, etc. Men's and Women's clothing. Their prices are already lower than Macy's and Nordy's plus the discount. Not bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK,
So I lived there on the Big Island in 04/05...
My drivers license is not expired...
Could I still qualify for the locals rate...
You think.... "blushing" cuz Jacks is way high and I never was impressed with em anyway. I like B.I. Divers though.
What 'cha think?
K

YA if the driver license is still valid I couldnt see why it wouldnt work. Just play it as if you still live there. Plus any other Kamaina deals while in the islands will still work. So use it to your advantage for sure.

Glad to see this site. I feel the Kama'aina rates should be just that. Also, each dive shop relies on returning and/or referred customers. How hard is it to take note when someone walks in and says, "Joey told me to dive with you guys!!"? Also, the discounted consecutive dive rates are a good thing and should be carried to the next visit.

This is not necessarily a Kamaaina rate but it's worth checking out. I was able to enjoy the deal they had recently for the Kalapawai Cafe in Kailua (Fantastic). You paid $25 and get $50 worth of food or drinks at the restaurant. It's a different deal every week. Enjoy!
Ohana Deals - Buy Akamai

Back
Top Bottom