Jupiter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Signed up! I actually Signed up for Both the AM and PM dives. Statistically I have seen a shark about 85% of the time diving with this outfit. Not counting the Nurse sharks, but actual free swimming ocean sharks.

The Grouper are really Prolific in this area, resembling swimming VW's. I keep swimming up to them hoping to see Lindsay Lohan driving one, but alas, Not. (Hey Lindsay Lohan as Ariel the Little Mermaid... hmmm)

Everyone kinda think about what they want to do/ see on the trip.

1.) See Gamefish/ Sharks.
2.) See HUGE Grouper and Swim Throughs.
3.) Chase, Annoy, Lose Lobsters (AKA Losters).
4.) Scout for Mermaids.

This makes it easier for the Captain to plan the spots. (plus he has to go out the night before and place all the critters on the reef, polish the shells, and rake the sand)

These dives are generally 75'~80' in depth, Nitrox and Computer at :45 BT with a ":45 ish" SIT time. Then another :45 minute BT dive at 75'~80'.

The ledges are amazing at 6' to 20' in relif. Game fish are often seen in Mouth watering sizes. Snook are abundant, as well as Spadefish, Jacks, Moray, Barracuda, Grouper, Losters, TURTLES gallore, Spotted Eagle Ray and very often it seems some sort of Majestic Free Swimming shark: a Black Tip, Carribean Reef Shark, White Tip, Bull shark, Hammer head, and on special occasions Lemon Sharks.

See ya there!

I have signed up as well..I am looking foward to diving on the temptation again and saying hi to all. finally finishing up a verrrrry bad case of poison ivy and looking foward to getting back in the water.

Well guys the back is out again. My Dr. says NO lifting, no diving. 6 weeks.

Getting old sucks.

So sorry to hear about that. Maybe we need a meet n greet so we can see everybody. Can you lift a glass? :)

BigSage136- So Sorry to hear this. I certainley hope your recovery is quick and uneventful.

Love ya like a Brother, but

I AM DIVING ANWAY!!

If you like I can call it a 'BigSage tribute dive'... Or I can pass a hat to pay for medical bills. I mean.. I already signed up and everything.

I promise before I jump in I will have a single, focused, "good will" thought for you.

As I am diving with the aforementioned critters and catching losters I will be greatly saddened thinking about you, at home, unable to bend and stoop. It is going to be really hard, but somehow I will be able to trudge through and make the dive.. Because I know that is "What the BigSage would have wanted!"

See you on the next one!! Or as Jenny Said--- At a Greet and Meat. ( I like BBQ)

So it is Me, Madeline and ?

Orlando Eric:
BigSage136- So SOrry to hear this. I certainley hope you recovery is quick and uneventful.

Love ya like a Brother, but

I AM DIVING ANWAY!!

If you like I can call it a BigSage tribute dive... Or I can pass a hat to pay for medical bills. I mean.. I already signed up and everything.

I promise before I jump in I will have a single good will thought for you.

As I am diving with the aforementioned critters and catching losters I will be greatly saddened thinking about you, at home, unable to bend and stoop. It is going to be really hard, but somehow I will be able to trudge through and make the dive.. Because I know that is "What the BigSage would have wanted!"

See you on the next one!! Or as Jenny Said--- At a Greet and Meat. ( I like BBQ)

So it is Me, Madeline and ?

As Arnold says, "I'hl Be Bahk"

No hat passing please! The single good thought will be felt!:D

Thanks, and be safe.

PS

Dont be surprised at an old man sipping Tequila and handing out Coronas in the parking lot upon your return!
:wink:

I am thinking I may like to join you guys. I have a question though. Is this the boat that has the wooden platform you have to crawl up on to get back in the boat?

You mean the "SHAMU manuver", and yes it is.

MissDirected- Yes this like many dive boats has the wooden hinged platform. Which in REALLY heavy seas is the only way to go. But in Moderate to flat seas it is sorta ackward. Which gives the nickname "Shamu" exit.

If you venture to come dive Jupiter this Saturday I will personally bring you aboard. We can make up new exit techniques. Names which jump to mind are: "Piggy back", "Front Forward Roll" "Floosbie Flop", "Watch Your Hands Buddy" "lobster tickle" and the never before tried, "legs over arms over legs cheek to cheek-1-2-3 GO!" Technique.

On a serious note, The water is reportedly warmer and the sea nice and calm. The losters are back into shallower depths and all is right with the world again.

Come dive with us! I would love to see your big, batting, brown, eyes behind a mask with the big, deep blue in the background.

(content of this post does not represent Scubaboard, the Temptation, or the truth as known or not known, in this or any universe known or unknown.) Which makes it mostly lies and flirtations..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom