Scuba Works in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attempted hunting trip with SW on 2/22, DM tried 3 or 4 spots, visibility was comparable to a chocolate milk. One attempt he said he couldn't even read his spg... Back to shore...
We had a south current for pat of last week. Army Corp has been dumping water from Lake O in to the St. Lucie. That combination really mucked up viz. Luckily the stream ran close enough Friday and over the weekend to wash all that nasty water away.

here in south Florida, any op that does not include boat dives for OW class is doing their students a huge dis-service. Drift diving and boat diving are CRITICAL open water skills here. It is cheaper for the op and more profitable to just dive BHB. I see those divers all the time coming from those ops and they are completely unprepared for ocean boat dives.

here in south Florida, any op that does not include boat dives for OW class is doing their students a huge dis-service. Drift diving and boat diving are CRITICAL open water skills here. It is cheaper for the op and more profitable to just dive BHB. I see those divers all the time coming from those ops and they are completely unprepared for ocean boat dives.
There's a good reason I asked you to certify my cousin :) When are we going diving btw?

There's a good reason I asked you to certify my cousin :) When are we going diving btw?
anytime! i do not need much of an excuse to dive!

I appreciate the discussion around our choice to start Open Water courses at Blue Heron Bridge instead of on the boat. As seasoned divers, you know the Gulf Stream off Jupiter can be unpredictable, making it less than ideal for beginners.

We train at BHB not just for its calm conditions but because it allows newcomers to focus fully on mastering diving fundamentals without the added challenge of drifts. It's all about laying a solid foundation in a controlled environment, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

Once our students have that solid base, we definitely get them out on Divocean with two boat vouchers we've included in their course. It’s our way to ensure they transition smoothly and safely from calm waters to the open ocean.

We chose this path because we're committed to safety and quality training over convenience or cost. I know it might seem unconventional, but it’s about ensuring every new diver is ready to handle and enjoy the diverse conditions our beautiful waters offer. In other areas of the country where they have more confined conditions, people learn to dive without the benefit of boat diving. I love that we can give them both, while focusing on safety and skill building

- Yvette -

Two boat voachers. Does that mean two free trips on your boat in the future? Do the newly certified customers get any special guidance on their first boat dive(s) since they have never been in the ocean?

I appreciate the discussion around our choice to start Open Water courses at Blue Heron Bridge instead of on the boat. As seasoned divers, you know the Gulf Stream off Jupiter can be unpredictable, making it less than ideal for beginners.

We train at BHB not just for its calm conditions but because it allows newcomers to focus fully on mastering diving fundamentals without the added challenge of drifts. It's all about laying a solid foundation in a controlled environment, which I'm sure you can appreciate.

Once our students have that solid base, we definitely get them out on Divocean with two boat vouchers we've included in their course. It’s our way to ensure they transition smoothly and safely from calm waters to the open ocean.

We chose this path because we're committed to safety and quality training over convenience or cost. I know it might seem unconventional, but it’s about ensuring every new diver is ready to handle and enjoy the diverse conditions our beautiful waters offer. In other areas of the country where they have more confined conditions, people learn to dive without the benefit of boat diving. I love that we can give them both, while focusing on safety and skill building

- Yvette -
Welcome to SB Yvette and thanks for being open enough to discuss it with us. I'm sure there will be lots of questions, and we hope you come back to engage with us in the discussion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom