Jupiter Diving - 12 July 2013 - Bonnies and Tunnels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acteg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went diving with Capt. SL8R yesterday. Saw a lot of turtles, goliath grouper, and a few sharks. Good diving as usual. Watch in 1080p for best viewing.

[video=youtube;bu0pCLm7X4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu0pCLm7X4c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed it, and thanks for posting. I'd like to dive Jupiter someday, and footage of what it's like is useful. My understanding is current, not big on coral reef but apt to see plenty of animals, including some big stuff, likely sharks, turtles and goliath grouper.

Richard.

Thanks guys. S. FL diving really is great. 15 minute boat ride from the dock to the site, warm water year round. Big encounters and lots of fellow divers. I'm hoping to move to S.FL in the next couple of years in support of my diving habit. Central FL is pretty close, but the 2.5 hr drive is getting old.

Jupiter diving is great, you should definitely consider it.

nice video sean, lots of turtles resting from laying eggs I guess. Jupiter diving is awesome, so glad this is my backyard. I hit the deep ledge Saturday, lots of sharks

You guys suck! .......................In the most righteous way. :cool2:

Nice video. I can't wait to get back down to So Florida. For now it's North Carolina every few weeks.

Nice Video. Thanks for sharing. I dove Jupiter for the first time yesterday. Hope to get back sometime. Did the 3 tank dive with JDC. Glad I got Nitrox certified last month. :)

I must have seen the same sharks you did. I also noticed one with a hook in it's mouth and one in it's underside. Both were at the Tunnels site if I recall correctly. First dive was at Area 51 and I stopped counting sharks after the 4th. I know I saw at least one more on that dive. Second dive was at Capt Mike's. Westerly current made it hard to stay on the reef, but otherwise it was a good dive. Viz on all 3 was 70+. Near the end of the Tunnels dive, I wasn't sure weather to photograph the extremely large turtle, the passing reef shark or the huge Goliath Grouper, all at the same place at the same time.

Thanks Murf. I need to hit up the deep ledge one of these days. Heydn, sounds like you had 3 really great dives. Jupiter really does have some great diving. They also have some great grub, after the dive I hit up hog snappers (although I think I prefer Food Shack) and then tequesta brewing company. Drank enough beers to put me to sleep for the entire drive home. Nothing like waking up in your driveway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom