Trip Report Finally, back at home 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Flew down to PBI on 6/21, plane was completey full. Took off 2 hours late due to thundestorm in FL and ground delay. Car pick up at National was effortless.

These are my first dives since breaking my left femur in October 2022. A long story and a difficult recovery.'

Day 1 diving, Thursday June 22

I went out with Jupiter Dive Center, Republic IV with Capt Brad, guide Steve, and mate Blaine. I was a bit nervous but turned out much better than expected. No problems on the boat or underwater.

The first dive was at Loggerhead. What did we see, well, many, many Loggerheads, at least a dozen or more. We also saw a few Reef Sharks and large Green Morays, 2 Goliath Grouper, and a solo Hawksbill. The treat was a nice Lemon Shark that joined us at the safety stop for a minute or so. Water temp was 80, vis 40-50 ft.

The second dive was at the wreck of the Gulfland/Norman Wreck (see: GulfLand Wreck (aka Gregory Norman Wreck) ). A mediocre site with a really beat up wreck Water temp 84, vis 10-15 ft, less when the OW class kicked it up. Only a few Snook, a lot of bait, and some hunting Jacks. I would not go back to this site.

Going out in Boynton tomorrow...

Welcome back!

Glad to hear you are back in the water

Let's get together for a dive

Welcome Back!!
Any issues climbing the ladder ?

Good 2 hear

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom