Trip Report Finally, back at home 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to hear that you are back in the water.
I will finally be back in Boynton in two weeks with the family for 11 day vacation But still uncertain if i will have time for any diving But always nice to come back to the second home ☺️

Day 5 diving, Monday June 26, last day

Two dives out of Boynton with Starfish, Capt. Chris, mates Katie and Mati. Very hot sunny day, seas around 1 foot, visibility about 30+ feet.

First dive on the Castor. The current was ripping. You can tell when the ball drops below the surface and the line is tight and vibrating. Fortunately, the current on the wreck was a little less than the surface and midwater. Only 4-5 Goliath Grouper, all on the stern. A couple large schools of Horse-Eye Jacks and a school of Barracuda on the bow. Water temperature on the Castor was 81.

Second dive started on Clubhouse and went through Black Condo in strong current. It was tough with the flag as the current tried to pull off west for much of the dive. Nothing special, all of the usual reef fish. Water temperature was quite warm, 83-84, I got warm fighting the flag.

I'm very grateful for the 5 days of diving, I'm quite sure I will do well in Malpelo in 3 weeks. I'll be back for some GG aggregation in September. Good diving to everyone.

Day 5 diving, Monday June 26, last day

Two dives out of Boynton with Starfish, Capt. Chris, mates Katie and Matie. Very hot sunny day, seas around 1 foot,, visibility about 30+ feet.

First dive on the Castor. The current was ripping. You can tell when the ball drops below the surface and the line is tight and vibrating. Fortunately, the current on the wreck was a little less than the surface and midwater. Only 4-5 Goliath Grouper, all on the stern. A couple large schools of Horse-Eye Jacks and a school of Barracuda on the bow. Water temperature on the Castor was 81.

Second dive started on Clubhouse and went through Black Condo in strong current. It was tough with the flag as the current tried to pull off east for much of the dive. Nothing special, all of the usual reef fish. Water temperature was quite warm, 83-84, I got warm fighting the flag.

I'm very grateful for the 5 days of diving, I'm quite sure I will do well in Malpelo in 3 weeks. I'll be back for some GG aggregation in September. Good diving to everyone.
thank you for the reports. my son and I will be diving with Starfish 1st week of August.

Glad you're back and diving..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom