Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick condition report from today 11/11/2023:

Spadefish Point and Bluffs

1-2' seas, water temp 81, viz a disappointing 15', strong north current with a west push near the surface.

Air temps were mid-80s, calm and full sun.

, viz a disappointing 15',
I saw the live Inlet cam showed south west winds and wondered if that pushed out the near shore muddy water.

How is the shoulder holding up? That's alot of hauling gear bags, dragging tanks and lifting the big money bag crew tips. Just glad the weather is great for you, cause it's been crappo most of October.

How is the shoulder holding up? That's alot of hauling gear bags, dragging tanks and lifting the big money bag crew tips. Just glad the weather is great for you, cause it's been crappo most of October.

Shoulder is doing great! It is a bit sore/tender where the harness strap crosses the incision, but not excessively so. It's also a bit more fatigued than usual. But I've had no issues with mobility nor strength. I've worked really hard with my physical therapist, and I think that really makes a difference to speed up the recovery.

Shoulder is doing great! It is a bit sore/tender where the harness strap crosses the incision, but not excessively so. It's also a bit more fatigued than usual. But I've had no issues with mobility nor strength. I've worked really hard with my physical therapist, and I think that really makes a difference to speed up the recovery.
My cardiovasular fitness has been harder to regain than my leg strength. Easy to lose, harder to regain, perhaps especially when you are older.

you guys hearing the high pitch pinging sound in Jupiter? Previously I thought it was occuring south of the PB Inlet but today it was going off, a few miles north of Macarthur beach and possibly further north. I was even hearing it faintly from the boat today. FYI, we had visibility vary between 20 and 60 feet, with currents being moderate to screaming (over 3.5 kts in 120 feet). Visibility seemed to improve as the day progressed. Yesterday was much clearer and mild current.

you guys hearing the high pitch pinging sound in Jupiter? Previously I thought it was occuring south of the PB Inlet but today it was going off, a few miles north of Macarthur beach and possibly further north. I was even hearing it faintly from the boat today. FYI, we had visibility vary between 20 and 60 feet, with currents being moderate to screaming (over 3.5 kts in 120 feet). Visibility seemed to improve as the day progressed. Yesterday was much clearer and mild current.

I definitely heard it Fri off Palm Beach but not Sat in Jupiter.

Got out today with JDC on a 3-tank.

Dove Captain Mike’s, an inshore site near Area 51, and Captain Kirle’s. 40 feet of blue but silty viz. 82 degree water. Moderate North current. Surface conditions were benign 2 footers.

Got a handful of bugs. Saw some lemons, reefies, and some big nurse sharks. Several schools of spade fish. A big alpha hog celebrating No-shoot-November and a few resident goliath. I also heard that pinging sound. Overall a great day on the water.

Conditions today in Jupiter:

Sloppy 3s on the surface but manageable
79F water temp, mid 80s air temp, partly cloudy
Mild N current
40-60’ viz

Did Lighthouse & Scarface on Republic VII with JDC. Capt Brad and crew Matt & Tony.

Sightings: hawksbill, 4 reef sharks, a Goliath grouper, anemone, all the usual tropicals

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom