Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

late February. You'll likely see some Bulls as well.
Listen to @CosbySweater 's advice on late Feb,,,cause that's also when the 1st of our 3 resident Tiger Sharks return for their annual visit. It is crazy wild when the lemons and bulls think they are a bunch of 'Bad-azz's and then the tigers show up for a treat. We say "never take your eye off the tiger". The lemons and bulls tuck their tails and wimp away a safe distance. Jupiter is heart pounding excitement dives in the spring time.

Listen to @CosbySweater 's advice on late Feb,,,cause that's also when the 1st of our 3 resident Tiger Sharks return for their annual visit. It is crazy wild when the lemons and bulls think they are a bunch of 'Bad-azz's and then the tigers show up for a treat. We say "never take your eye off the tiger". The lemons and bulls tuck their tails and wimp away a safe distance. Jupiter is heart pounding excitement dives in the spring time.
Great info guys, seeing all three species on one dive would be a dream. I'm going to target late feb based on what yall have said. Stoked!

Great thread!!! The description of the dives and the opinions expressed really bring this to life.

You'll find alot of nice dive reports covering Palm Beach County in the Florida forum. Many of us that dive that area regularly try to post regular reports for the benefit of the diving community.

Great thread!!! The description of the dives and the opinions expressed really bring this to life.
Glad you found some value in this! If you have any questions about diving in Jupiter or Palm Beach don’t hesitate to ask!

.... any confirmed sightings there this season?
.. In my opinion the peak for them is 3rd week of February.
Like clockwork & right on time.....................
Today (Feb11).....6 sawfish were photographed at the 'spot' on the left side of the Jupiter Inlet.

Not sure if this is the right place for this ... but my dive buddy lost his GoPro just south of Jupiter about a month or so ago. We were south of the inlet in about 80' of water. I believe it's a GoPro9 and it's attached to a headband.

Not sure if this is the right place for this ... but my dive buddy lost his GoPro just south of Jupiter about a month or so ago. We were south of the inlet in about 80' of water. I believe it's a GoPro9 and it's attached to a headband.

Did it have any sort of identification on it? Many of us keep a photo on the memory card in the GoPro with our name and contact info on it.

Have you checked with Jupiter Dive Center, Jupiter Scuba Diving (Kyalami) and Scuba Works to see if they've found any lost GoPros?

Loggerhead Marine Life Center reported two leatherback turtle nests in Jupiter this morning. These are the earliest recorded nests in LMC history. Turtle nesting season has officially begun!

Definitely seeming more loggerheads, especially the males. The ladies don't seem to have arrived yet but they'll be here soon!

Should be a solid year for greens as well. The Greens seem to alternative between big years and low years. Last year was one of the low years so I am hopeful we see more greens arriving soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom