Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made it out with JDC on Saturday morning and with Scuba Works on Sunday morning. Saturday morning was fantastic with tame seas, warm water, almost not current, and 70+ feet of visibility.

Saturday Dives:
Sites: Jupiter Wreck Trek and Loggerhead
Wind and waves: NNE 5-10, waves ~2'
Water Temp: 79
Current: Very slight N
Viz: 70'+ on the Wreck Trek, 60' at Loggerhead
Sightings and notes: Several Lemons and Goliath on the Wreck Trek. This was my first time doing the Wreck Trek (previous 5 attempts got blown out) and I wasn't disappointed. A few more Lemons on Loggerhead and a Common Octopus tucked inside the reef (what a treat!).

Sunday Dives:
Sites: Captain Kirle's and Tunnels
Wind and waves: E 15-20, waves 3'-4'
Water Temp: 79
Current: Very slight N
Viz: 60+
Sightings and notes: Several more Lemons and Goliath. Also saw three Loggerheads and a Hawksbill. It was definitely a rough morning, but it was diveable. I like to book with Scuba Works on marginal weather days as they usually run the boat when JDC or others elect to stay at the dock.

A couple pics from the weekend. The third pic is the Octopus. Not a great pic as he's tucked back in a hole:

IMG-3825.jpg

IMG-3807.jpg

IMG-3814.jpg

Weather is looking great for the long holiday weekend. Who is diving this weekend and where? I'll be out with JDC on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon with a good friend of mine from California. He's never dove in S. Florida so I'm excited to see what he thinks.

... I'll be out with JDC....
I'm dry but your weather Forecast looks really good. I was in the JDC shop yesterday talking talking to Adam & Gerry. I was trying to "lobby" for Capt Brian on our Sunday June 6th SB group trip. But he's in 'semi-retirement'. Tell them we want Brian brought out of retirement and he'll take us to the really wild & cool stuff to see.

Good news for you is the loggerhead turtles are all over the top of the reefs hiding in the sea fans and thick vegetation. Patrick the tiger shark was on the wrek trek yesterday and they had better viz than us in WPB.

Format your camera card and wipe the strobes clean, you are in for a treat!!

I too am dry this weekend. I typically don't go near the dive boats on holiday weekends. I like things a bit on the quieter side. Hanging out here in SWFL with the Mrs. Planning some beach and biking time. I'll be over in Palm Beach 6/5-6 so put in a good word with Mother Nature that the good conditions hold!

I'm dry but your weather Forecast looks really good. I was in the JDC shop yesterday talking talking to Adam & Gerry. I was trying to "lobby" for Capt Brian on our Sunday June 6th SB group trip. But he's in 'semi-retirement'. Tell them we want Brian brought out of retirement and he'll take us to the really wild & cool stuff to see.

Good news for you is the loggerhead turtles are all over the top of the reefs hiding in the sea fans and thick vegetation. Patrick the tiger shark was on the wrek trek yesterday and they had better viz than us in WPB.

Format your camera card and wipe the strobes clean, you are in for a treat!!

I've actually never been out with Brian. He started his "semi-retirement" right when I moved to Jupiter. I'm a weekend warrior and I guess he never captains on weekends.

It's been a few weeks since I've been out so I'm glad the loggerheads are out and about. I still haven't seen Patrick (or Snooty!!) yet. Hoping to see those characters at some point.

Looking forward to diving with the SB gang next weekend.

I've actually never been out with Brian. He started his "semi-retirement" right when I moved to Jupiter. I'm a weekend warrior and I guess he never captains on weekends.

It's been a few weeks since I've been out so I'm glad the loggerheads are out and about. I still haven't seen Patrick (or Snooty!!) yet. Hoping to see those characters at some point.

Looking forward to diving with the SB gang next weekend.

Is this the Brian married to Janine who works for Kyalami? I love Janine. She's one of the best dive guides around. If so I hear he is a fantastic captain!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom