Jupiter Dive 01-22-05 Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's not bad at all.... I wore a 3/2 full with a 2mm vest, 7mm booties, 2mm gloves and I was groovy (and Im always the one complaining that I'm cold) I know we will have plenty of hot fluid to drink as well.....

weather.com again:

Marine Forecast Summary
for the next 6 - 12 hours
for Palm Beach to Jupiter, FL

Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind Direction: WNW (299°)
Surf: Shoulder-high
Sea State: Moderate chop
Sea Surface Temp: 73 F
Wave Height: 6 ft.
Wave Direction: NE (52°)
Wave Period: 11 sec.

In other words, cross your fingers, hope the surf dies down, and wear lots of neoprene!
Edit: whoops, standrod beat me to it.....too slow on the draw!

simbrooks:
So who has the brownies in hand?
Well, I dunno... I heard I make a mean batch...might make a batch if I feel like it...

Scuba_Jenny:
Well, I dunno... I heard I make a mean batch...might make a batch if I feel like it...

Whooooo... glad that I read this again before I replied, might have had egg or sumthin on my face :<) Sometimes when I don't have the glasses on... well, "a"s sorta look like something else.....

Well, I will make the trip, the boss had actually remembered that I had plans....

Now... twiddling thumbs... do I dive wet or dry? Do I dive with my BC or the BP and wing.... Too many decisions!

Simon, Jean and I both have many (hundreds?) of dives in drysuits, so if you have questions, ask!

Yup, its gonna be a drysuit day, I believe!

Jeff

diver doh:
Simon, Jean and I both have many (hundreds?) of dives in drysuits, so if you have questions, ask!
Yup, its gonna be a drysuit day, I believe!
I would like to go dry, but of course i have only dove my doubles with my drysuit and that was in the caves - with no waves/swell. I still cant quite get the idea of lugging the doubles up steps into the boat. I havent dove my singles with the DS yet, so dont know the weighting, would rather do that somewhere a little shallower and more confined - so will probably go 5mm and hope that i can keep warm for 4 dives, brrrr.

Sorry guys...I'm gonna cancel for Saturday's dive. I didn't think I was gonna have a spot so I made other tentative plans and instead of guessing and cancelling at the last minute I would give someone else the spot.

Next time I will jump on the bandwagon sooner.

Marcus

I will certainly dive my double 50's...Those I can lift onto the boat...(well , at least I can carry then on...)
Now , wet -or- dry ???
Hmmmm...... :wink:
(decisions , decisions...)

Jean

Marvel:
That's too bad, Marcus- maybe next time.
thanks...next time i'll jump on the bandwagon early and plan better....

did you find a computer?

I did! Simon is kindly loaning me one- just have to get Jenny to read her owner's manual so she can tell me how to use it...... :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom