Jupiter Dive 01-22-05 Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyinghuntster:
I grew up in Coral Springs and got wet in Pompono up to Riviera beach hitting all the surf spots in the fall and snorkling in the summer. Red Reef used to be great, 20 years ago. The Navy got me, took me all over the world and...I have been looking back the whole time trying to get back down there!!! My folks moved to Delray 2 years ago from Springs.
I'll be down there some time in the spring to early summer.

Cool! Let us know when you're in town and we'll set up an outing!!

The afternoon cruise was booked nine spots by a shop out of tampa. Three Conchs grabbed the other three spots.

MURPHY--Keep that dark cloud of your's to yourself!

Finagle-- Where ever you are do the same.

I predict 2-3' seas, Warm sunshine, 84* air and 76* water. 80' visibilty Plenty of lemon sharks, turtles and on the way out dolphins jumping and riding the Bow Wake.

See ya'll there!...

Orlando Eric:
The afternoon cruise was booked nine spots by a shop out of tampa. Three Conchs grabbed the other three spots.

MURPHY--Keep that dark cloud of your's to yourself!

Finagle-- Where ever you are do the same.

I predict 2-3' seas, Warm sunshine, 84* air and 76* water. 80' visibilty Plenty of lemon sharks, turtles and on the way out dolphins jumping and riding the Bow Wake.

See ya'll there!...
Sounds good! Lots of lemons!

I unfortunatley have to cancel my reservation for the dive Saturday. So I wanted to post it so that if anyone was waiting for a space there is one now.

down4fun:
I unfortunatley have to cancel my reservation for the dive Saturday. So I wanted to post it so that if anyone was waiting for a space there is one now.
Kim - have you already cancelled or were you going to do that as soon as someone else said they were in?

There were two open spots for the afternoon - but i snagged one of those already, one remaining for the 2pm boat. Are the others who are going out again are filling at JDC or somewhere else during the lunch break?

BTW - has anyone seen the forecast, it is showing big seas at the moment, hopefully going down by this weekend - is it still breezy from the NE down in that area as they are forecasting?

Who-Hoo, fresh meat!!!! :11: Glad you are able to join after all, Marcus!

One stop shopping on weather.com:

Forecast: Jan 22 Saturday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

SATURDAY...WIND VARIABLE LESS THAN 5 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Local forecasters seem to agree the cold snap will ease up around Thursday with another moving in after the weekend.

KBeck:
Who-Hoo, fresh meat!!!! :11: Glad you are able to join after all, Marcus!

One stop shopping on weather.com:

Forecast: Jan 22 Saturday Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

SATURDAY...WIND VARIABLE LESS THAN 5 KNOTS BECOMING SOUTHWEST 10 TO 15 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. SEAS 2 FEET OR LESS BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. INTRACOASTAL WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

Local forecasters seem to agree the cold snap will ease up around Thursday with another moving in after the weekend.
Glad to join in....See you there....

........seeing as how I've haven't had access to the web lately, I haven't been able to keep up with whats been happening on the Jupiter dive. I may be your mystery diver for the A.M. dive as I signed up for the trip on the 5th. There were 3 things I wanted to get done while I was down this way. The first was diving the " Oriskany "...still waiting., 2nd was completing my cave training... 1/2 way through., and 3rd, was diving with the lemon sharks. Hopefully I will at least be able to check this one off the list after Sat. ( Hope I didn't just put the kiss of death on myself....LOL! ) Looking forward to diving with the Conch divers again. See y'all there...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom