Jupiter Dive 01-22-05 Sat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:chicken:

KBeck:
I'll keep you guys updated as well; heading out on the Narcosis Sunday AM on a Lemon dive if anybody wants to join......no pics though!!! :D

Scuba Diving off a boat named "Narcosis" is like Sky Diving off a plane named "Tangled Chute." Just does not seem proper to thumb your nose at the gods of mischief like that. Sometimes you just have to work within those statistical, superstitious laws.. Just ask the Murphy's.. (hehehehehehe)

:laughing: I crack myself up.. :jestera:

:11:

Dove the dive today. Saw lots of sand. Two nurses sharks, some eels and usual tropicals. The other group.. (long story) saw couple lemmons and reported five turtles. This area is called Captians Curl.

The seas where fairly calm and the water temp 74* according to the Veo 200.

Vickie and I where swimmming over the sand and had two other divers (blindly) following us. Saw one nurse shark that slowly swam away. Since we decided that this was boring and that we did not seem to be able to find the reef again to call it at 30 min.

We hit about 100 yards south of the ball on surfacing so I guess my compass skills are not that rusty, we'd been right on had I not been blindly following the others in the begining until I looked at the compass and noticed we where heading away from the reef still into the sand. I got to the front and slowly turned the group to the right way and just got tired of looking at the sand. We where going the right way but by the time we would have caught up it would have almost been time up anyhow.

I got to clip some line that strung across the reef on the second dive so that may have saved some little critter. Vickie spotted a nurse shark swimming around and then picked up a board with a big rusty nail sticking out of it and I got nervous..thought I'd kicked her or something. *yikes*

Overall it was better than sitting on the couch and watching the discovery channel and someone else diving.

The sharks are coming .. there should be many more on the 22nd.. *wink*

Eric

PS- for the three of you who signed up for the 2:00 dive some group out of tampa grabbed the other 9 spots.. we where going to book today but alas it is full.

hi eric,

i booked on the afternoon trip on the 22nd but if some people want to go another day i can cancel and rebook...since i'm in jupiter i do the lemon shark dive several times...i mainly just wanted to meet some of you guys...

i dove yesterday on the blue tang and saw more lemons than the rest of the group...i was hunting so i was on my own this time....the lemons seem to be more on the reef this year instead of out west...i saw 5-6 large lemons...vis wasn't that good so there might have been more and i was also up high...lemons are kinda skidish unless you're down low in the sand.

marcus

Hi all
Sorry for the late response but I will be joining you on this dive. Looking forward to it. I have never seen a lemon shark, in fact I didn't even know they existed until this thread started.

Stanrod- on the reef huh? I knew spending all that time on the sand was a colossal waste of time. There wasn't even any cool shelling to be done. I guess spearing fish obviously is a good way to find sharks. I am starting to find more buddies for Jupiter diving all the time. I am also looking for a spearfishing mentor. I will carry the bag of dying fish for you if you show me your secrets.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom