June (only)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for diving with me, and to turning me on to Blue XT, now my go to dive-op in Cozumel. The diving was fantastic and I am already making plans for next year.

Man we had some INCREDIBLE dives!

I got sick last day and had to cancel......stomach thing hit me HARD! Treda rescued me though lol. Still sad I missed my last day. :(

Man we had some INCREDIBLE dives!

I got sick last day and had to cancel......stomach thing hit me HARD! Treda rescued me though lol. Still sad I missed my last day. :(
It was great to getting a buddy to dive with that could make an hour plus dive with me. Your skills are exceptional for what I call a vacation diver. Of course most vacation divers don't have 400+ dives.

Thanks and same! Was great having a buddy who was as good in the water as you are!!!! Still cant believe how many sharks, eels and turtles we saw lol!

Member ............................ Dates .................. Staying ........................... Dive OP
AdivingBel & Wife............5/20 - 6/2..........Blue Angel/Villa Escondida....Blue Angel/Tres Pelicanos
Josh & Miranda............... 5/20 - 6/3 .............Suites Turquesa ................. Scuba Life Cozumel
Steve & Corrine............... 5/20 - 6/10 ...........Suites Turquesa .................Scuba Life Cozumel
ggunn/Thundering Herd.5/21 - 6/3..............Blue Angel............................Blue Angel
DON-PNW & Wife............5/22 - 6/3...............Scuba Club Cozumel...........Scuba Club Cozumel
SETX scuba.......................5/24 - 6/2...............Casa Mexicana.....................Tres Pelicanos
Nitrox624 & Friend..........5/26 - 6/2..............Allegro...................................Aldora
Fin59 & Dive Ho...............5/27 - 6/3.............. Allegro..................................Dive With Martin
Jessb, Wife & Daughter...5/27 - 6/4...............Allegro..................................Pro Divers
marcus8............................5/27 - 6/4...............Casa Mexicana....................Blue XT Sea
nashwl...............................6/2 - 6/7................Sabor.....................................Living Underwater
reddiver970.......................6/2 - 6/9................Allegro...................................Pro Dive
Jim Bobo............................6/2 - 6/9................Secrets..................................Shore snorkeling
Craig66 & RadHal.............6/3 - 6/10..............Casa Mexicana....................Blue Project Divers
Vic K & Mrs........................6/5 - 6/10..............Casa Mexicana....................Tres Pelicanos
merxlin..............................6/5 - 6/11..............Allegro...................................Pro Dive
soonerwink.......................6/6 - 6/13..............Grand Park Royal.................Blue XT Sea
amoses..............................6/7 - 6/14..............Suites Bahia..........................Tres Pelicanos
Brules.................................6/7 - 6/15.............Grand Park Royal..................Blue XT Sea
mchiapetto.........................6/10 - 6/17.............Hotel Cozumel.....................Dive Paradise

Cozdreamer + 3................6/10 - 6/24.......La Ceiba/North end condo.......Tres Pelicanos
keepdivin...........................6/11 - 6/24...Hotel Cozumel/Hotel Plaza Coz...Dive With Martin and Aldora
waynel................................6/13 - 6/20...........Hotel Barracuda....................Blue XT Sea
DreaminOfSand&Salt.......6/16 - 6/26...........Blue Angel..............................Blue Angel
datachomper.....................6/19 - 6/21...........Cozumel Palace.....................Aldora
Magellan & Wife................6/20 - 7/6.............Casa Martillo..........................Eagle Ray Divers
CHT.....................................6/23 - 6/29...........Cozumel Palace.....................Tres Pelicanos
BertStevens.......................6/24 - 7/1.............Allegro.....................................Aldora
uncfnp & soloist................6/24 - 7/4.............Villa Escondida.......................Under the Jungle/Tres Pelicanos
hakuna...............................6/26 - 6/30(31?)...Blue Angel...............................Aldora?
Craig66 & Daughter..........6/26 - 7/2.............Casa Mexicana.......................Blue Project
bshort4...............................6/29 - 7/6.............Sunscape Sabor.....................Diving with Cristina

IMG_3699.JPG

Hey @uncfnp, I left a six of Modelo Negra's in the fridge and a bit of Herradura on the shelf. Feel free if there is any left when you get here. :wink:
You are a true gentleman! Cheers! :thumb::acclaim:

But alas. No beers. :(

Member ............................ Dates .................. Staying ........................... Dive OP
AdivingBel & Wife............5/20 - 6/2..........Blue Angel/Villa Escondida....Blue Angel/Tres Pelicanos
Josh & Miranda............... 5/20 - 6/3 .............Suites Turquesa ................. Scuba Life Cozumel
Steve & Corrine............... 5/20 - 6/10 ...........Suites Turquesa .................Scuba Life Cozumel
ggunn/Thundering Herd.5/21 - 6/3..............Blue Angel............................Blue Angel
DON-PNW & Wife............5/22 - 6/3...............Scuba Club Cozumel...........Scuba Club Cozumel
SETX scuba.......................5/24 - 6/2...............Casa Mexicana.....................Tres Pelicanos
Nitrox624 & Friend..........5/26 - 6/2..............Allegro...................................Aldora
Fin59 & Dive Ho...............5/27 - 6/3.............. Allegro..................................Dive With Martin
Jessb, Wife & Daughter...5/27 - 6/4...............Allegro..................................Pro Divers
marcus8............................5/27 - 6/4...............Casa Mexicana....................Blue XT Sea
nashwl...............................6/2 - 6/7................Sabor.....................................Living Underwater
reddiver970.......................6/2 - 6/9................Allegro...................................Pro Dive
Jim Bobo............................6/2 - 6/9................Secrets..................................Shore snorkeling
Craig66 & RadHal.............6/3 - 6/10..............Casa Mexicana....................Blue Project Divers
Vic K & Mrs........................6/5 - 6/10..............Casa Mexicana....................Tres Pelicanos
merxlin..............................6/5 - 6/11..............Allegro...................................Pro Dive
soonerwink.......................6/6 - 6/13..............Grand Park Royal.................Blue XT Sea
amoses..............................6/7 - 6/14..............Suites Bahia..........................Tres Pelicanos
Brules.................................6/7 - 6/15.............Grand Park Royal..................Blue XT Sea
mchiapetto.........................6/10 - 6/17.............Hotel Cozumel.....................Dive Paradise
Cozdreamer + 3................6/10 - 6/24.......La Ceiba/North end condo.......Tres Pelicanos
keepdivin...........................6/11 - 6/24...Hotel Cozumel/Hotel Plaza Coz...Dive With Martin and Aldora
waynel................................6/13 - 6/20...........Hotel Barracuda....................Blue XT Sea

DreaminOfSand&Salt.......6/16 - 6/26...........Blue Angel..............................Blue Angel
datachomper.....................6/19 - 6/21...........Cozumel Palace.....................Aldora
Magellan & Wife................6/20 - 7/6.............Casa Martillo..........................Eagle Ray Divers
CHT.....................................6/23 - 6/29...........Cozumel Palace.....................Tres Pelicanos
BertStevens.......................6/24 - 7/1.............Allegro.....................................Aldora
uncfnp & soloist................6/24 - 7/4.............Villa Escondida.......................Under the Jungle/Tres Pelicanos
hakuna...............................6/26 - 6/30(31?)...Blue Angel...............................Aldora?
Craig66 & Daughter..........6/26 - 7/2.............Casa Mexicana.......................Blue Project
bshort4...............................6/29 - 7/6.............Sunscape Sabor.....................Diving with Cristina

It's awful seeing a line drawn through us now because we just got home sadly!
23 dives even through choppy seas and 1 port closure day.... I'm back to being a dreamer again until next time.....

View attachment 415575

You are a true gentleman! Cheers! :thumb::acclaim:

But alas. No beers. :(

Awww...sorry about the beers. Looks like somebody's been workin' on the Herradura, too. :) Thought you might have a chance 'cause Magda & David didn't have guests for a couple weeks and they bugged out of town for a little vacation. Oh well, one of these days we'll have to share a shot & a beer face to face. Enjoy your trip and don't let Jorge be too tough on the newbies. :cheers::bounce::bounce::bounce:

No problems. I am really not much of a drinker. That will probably last the trip! We are their only guests for the next 6 days. Getting a lot of extra attention from Millie.

Based on your recommendation Eric tried a Modelo today at lunch. It was a winner.

And Jorge is already testing my limits. Gave me 1000 psi in my second tank. I said I was flattered but humor me and let me have at least half a tank! Viz is down and there was quite a thermocline on the first dive at Columbia Deep but it was a good first day.

Having a great trip! In Coz now, about midway through our trip, weather has been perfect. Nice to see the Lion fish almost gone from the regular dive sites, still manage to snag a straggler here or there, but nothing like 3-5 years ago...

Our Divemaster mentioned today, that they have had a very large influx of people move here from the mainland, and crime is increasing pretty dramatically (his point of view being a 50something native of the island). Particularly, "banditos" on motorcycles. He told us several stories about them snatching bags and loose phones, etc while driving by on a motorcycles. In most cases the crime is targeted at the locals, but some tourists have also been robbed. In one case a local girl had her purse/bag taken from her while on her bicycle. This caused her to have a broken arm, and a pretty bad case of road rash on her face. I understand that this has been exacerbated by a large number of police being fired due to corruption after the last mayor was finally ousted.

Sigh... seems like nothing lasts... We've been more observant, not staying out as late, but haven't altered our habits too much yet. Just be safe out there!

Back
Top Bottom