June 14 Lake Travis Boat Ride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bet we can figure out a buddy plan with all the divers going.....I simply wanted to comment that I had no def. dive buddy. Long and short straws or coin toss work well. :wink:

Ok, both AM & PM dives are filled.

We may need to coordinate a plan to get tank fills for those diving both AM & PM. We can break at lunch, make a run to Windy Point with tanks for filling and return....OR....maybe I can bring a pool boat raft to load tanks to swim to Windy Point shore for filling. How many divers doing both dives will need tanks filled and how many plan to bring four tanks?

Of course, just remember Ive got only 22 dives so come with low expectations ... :D

I am at around 25 dives....

I always dive Travis with low expectations :wink:

I love diving with new divers, the fresh enthusiasm helps refresh the wonder of diving period whenever I start getting bored with 'the same old travis dives'.:D

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I'll be the old dude in the grey DIMWIT T:14:

Jeff M and I each plan to bring 4 tanks.

Mike S

I always dive Travis with low expectations :wink:

I love diving with new divers, the fresh enthusiasm helps refresh the wonder of diving period whenever I start getting bored with 'the same old travis dives'.:D

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. I'll be the old dude in the grey DIMWIT T:14:

Hey Lake Travis is friggen awesome, theres no need to ever go blue ...

See ya saturday...

Oh and Ill be bringing two tanks, since Im only on the afternoon :D dives

Well, Tom's rents tanks for 8 bucks. Richard charges 6 bucks per tank to fill it...so, it seems to me that it would be worth the extra couple of dollars to just rent whatever tanks you need and not deal w/ the hassle of loading/unloading or rafting over and dragging tanks up for a fill....at least, that's what Katherine and I are going to do. We each own a tank, so we'll bring those, and rent 3 more each. Is there a place to safely store the tanks on the pier? I'm assuming there's not enough room on the boat for each diver to bring 4 tanks on board, is there?

I have worked it out with Aquaholics to store the extra tanks at their office, located next to Riviera, so we can retrieve them between dives. You can also leave them in your car, park in the gravel parking lot across the street from Riviera, which has many large trees for shade, and retrieve them between dives.

So, if you are doing both AM & PM, bring four tanks and plan to switch out empties for full between the AM & PM dives.

I also suggest to bring a lunch and drinks (non-alcoholic for during the dives, whatever you want for after diving is done). A cooler with ice will be provided.

i have three tanks... during the break between AM and PM i will head to windy point to get a refill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom