June 14 Lake Travis Boat Ride

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lmwb - repeat after me "I will not yell at the boaters, I will not yell at the boaters......":no

Dude, if they try to even come near us Im pulling out the spit balls and straws... Im getting angry again just thinking about them AIMING for the orange water weenies :shakehead: stupid boaters...

ummm I mean " I will not yell at the boaters, ...at least not to loud" now wheres the little halo emoticon?

I just returned from diving at Scuba Park and the vis was good, averaging 10 ft + in most areas. We will go to Starnes Island to do the wall/grottos and Scuba Park, with option to go to the wall under Oasis or Mansfield Dam, not the park but the dam wall if you want.

I suggest you bring along the following items:

- Thermal protection for temps that can drop into the low 70's (and high
60's in some deeper places). Scuba Park temps dropped around 60 feet and I
was wearing a Henderson 3mm instadry with 3/5 Hooded vest underneath. You can find a temp chart on the web site under the first link on the LINKS page. You can see where the thermocline begins.
- Lights (If you forget one I will have two small lights and one large to borrow, you supply the batteries)

A cooler with ice is provided, so bring plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.

Please arrive 20 minutes before departure time so we can stay on schedule.
My my cell phone will be on if you need to contact me before the dive.

See you all on Saturday, :happywave

It's Friday and I'm ready to go...

Charlie

Me too!

I have a computer to finish for the office, once that done, or around 3(whichever comes first :wink: ) I am headed home to pick up tanks for tomorrow, then back into town for the FEAST , then home and to bed early. I guess I'll see everyone around 7:40ish on Saturday.:coffee:

What a awesome afternoon on the lake, Robert as always was a great host....Next time I see him, I should break out in song "You are the wind beneath my wingssss" lol okay seriously loved today, got in some grottos, and some penetration :D, a few boats, and a dazedfred and a Nadmat.

I found another toilet, that brings me up to 3, also a necklace and some sunglasses yay.

Vis was great, temps were perfect, cant wait for next time

Back
Top Bottom