July in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sal,

Wet Wendy's is closed Sundays. how do I know...lol well i got in today and headed straight there for a big tasty margarita. I tried the Pear one. It was good but I'll try a different one next time....thinking strawberry and coconut would be good to try next! Hey, someone has to take one for the team, it might as well be me!

We'll have to pick another night. Monday or Tuesday?

Update: no Cozumel for me this July. I'm pissed. Sprained my ankle extremely bad. In a walking cast for about 3-6 weeks. I am still planning on August 14-22nd however even if I have to only wear one fin.

You GO Michael. I'll be watching August in CZM thread for your adventures and strategies!

Monday at WW sounds good to me.
Time?

Update: no Cozumel for me this July. I'm pissed. Sprained my ankle extremely bad. In a walking cast for about 3-6 weeks. I am still planning on August 14-22nd however even if I have to only wear one fin.

Wow! Same thing happened to me... sprained my ankle REALLY bad back the end of May. They told me I would have been better off breaking it. Couldn't walk for 3 weeks, did the whole crutches and air cast deal... but here I am.... In Cozumel! :D

When did you sprain your ankle? You might be able to still make it!!

I'll be making my first trip in over 15 years to Cozumel soon. Sould get there 7/12 and stay for 10 days or so at a "Vacation by Owner" house. I haven't settled on a dive OP yet, but leaning towards Living Underwater.

It would be great to meet a few SB folks.....are the Margaritas at Wet Wendy's still happening on the 19th; if so, what time?

Cheers,

Couv

Last edited:
Was a 7/19 time ever established?
Are we still on for Monday, Jeff? Before sunset or after?

Been trying to post this pic from a stunning night dive on Columbia Deep Friday night. Don't know what he was eating, but it must've been delicious because proximity and lights didn't deter him.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Impossible to capture the grandeur of the dive with a photo, so he's what ya get!
Time to sunscreen...

Last edited:
Cmaustin and I will be coming in to Cozumel on the 19th early afternoon....we may try to sneak a dive in as soon as we get there but were curious if anyone is getting together that evening for margaritas??? We would LOVE to meet some other divers while we are down! :) 7 more days! Can't wait!

Yes, 19th is on the calendar........

Can't believe I have never seen sun anemone shrimp before!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sal,

Lets meet at about sundown at Wet Wendys if that works for you. I could do earlier if you need/wanted so let me know and I'll check back here after diving today.

Jeff

Wow! Same thing happened to me... sprained my ankle REALLY bad back the end of May. They told me I would have been better off breaking it. Couldn't walk for 3 weeks, did the whole crutches and air cast deal... but here I am.... In Cozumel! :D

When did you sprain your ankle? You might be able to still make it!!

Happened July 5th. Some success this week. I can slightly bend my ankle without debilitating pain. Swelling as gone down some and the entire thing is black and blue (which I guess is progress) Cant make it this week like I originally intended but I am still planning on coming in August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom