JJ vs SF2 vs ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of the 2 CCRs you are showing I've got one that I really don't like, and would love to sell to someone whose standards are lower than mine, who could be happy with it. Then I'd buy a custom JJ, with Cooper hoses, the standard sized radial scrubber, and an analog 2nd Petrel lI ext, instead of the HUD.
Michael
Which CCR do you have that you don't like?

Which CCR do you have that you don't like?
Isn't it obvious? I would really like a JJ, I have the other rebreather that looks and functions like a messed up RB80 on steroids.
For me it was a bad choice, but at the time I had too little ECCR RB experience to know what I'd be happiest with. I do know that swimming vertically up or down passageways, and anchorlines in a current works a lot better on a JJ than the other RB.

Michael

I agree JJ is the choice compared to the RB80 clone

The jj video is great, I can't wait to watch the others.

Funny how my non-jj unit is set up similiar, I liked wrapping the cl velcro around the harness, not the pads, I did that on my unit this am.

I have one jj question, since my unit solenoid hose is always attached, and the jj comes off with every cleaning, any higher rate of solenoid failures attributed to this?

The jj video is great, I can't wait to watch the others.

Funny how my non-jj unit is set up similiar, I liked wrapping the cl velcro around the harness, not the pads, I did that on my unit this am.

I have one jj question, since my unit solenoid hose is always attached, and the jj comes off with every cleaning, any higher rate of solenoid failures attributed to this?

On my home built rebreather also noticed how and where the counterlung is attached to the harness webbing really matters, also a question is do you like the counterlungs to be fast to detach like i did with clips like on a backpack and or do you like to velcro them around the harnessbands. The thing with attaching them to tight and all the way to the harness you also influence the fully inflated caracreristics since they at some point will be bent.

I never used colenoid but was chocked seeing standare solenoids used and not pottedd ot hept away from the seawater. Is there any design that keep it from water completely?

/Fred

Even tho' this thread has gone dormant, I can reply to this now that I have some hours on my new JJ. The short answer is no, there shouldn't be any issue, unless for some reason you get a drop of sea water in the hose connection. You don't disassemble in wet conditions unless you are doing two long boat dives where you're changing scrubber. And the connection is a standard LP hose connection that has been well proven in millions of second stage attachments.
One advantage of disconnecting is that the head is now completely accessible and able to be manipulated. This is important for the solenoid because it allows you to dry it off before storage. While the condensate is just water, I've seen photos of a disassembled failed JJ solenoid that looked pretty rusty. Did that rust occur from the inside from water getting in via the connection, or from the outside as water sat in the case of the solenoid? I don't know, but my instructor made a point of telling us to dry the solenoid carefully.

Did that rust occur from the inside from water getting in via the connection, or from the outside as water sat in the case of the solenoid? I don't know, but my instructor made a point of telling us to dry the solenoid carefully.

My JJ came with a steel plug that screwed over the O2 feed for when you are storing the head. I was told never to use it, and I never have! You want that to dry out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom