JJ vs SF2 vs ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheCoolBeans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During the lockdown my local dive shop are doing live video broadcasts going through an In-depth comparison of all their rebreathers.

last week they did the JJ, today they’ve done the SF2, next week it’s the AP Inspiration and they are planning to do loads more while we are in lockdown.

I’m sure they won't mind me linking the videos on here.
I personally think they are great and Adam Wood is ridiculously knowledgable on all this stuff.

If you are in the market to buy a rebreather these videos are definitely worth checking out.

JJ ccr showing would have been beter if they showed regular JJ. That JJ is most customed jj I have ever seen.

Oxygen and Diluent swapped, gas movement in loop swapped, well everything is swapped and harness is non standard. Spg very differently.

Of the 2 CCRs you are showing I've got one that I really don't like, and would love to sell to someone whose standards are lower than mine, who could be happy with it. Then I'd buy a custom JJ, with Cooper hoses, the standard sized radial scrubber, and an analog 2nd Petrel lI ext, instead of the HUD.
Michael

JJ ccr showing would have been beter if they showed regular JJ. That JJ is most customed jj I have ever seen.

Oxygen and Diluent swapped, gas movement in loop swapped, well everything is swapped and harness is non standard. Spg very differently.

As i understand it, He dives the SPG's on one side due to him doing a lot of instructing, He explains it better than i could on the video. The loop/gases are standard config though... Are you aware the videos are mirrored?

As i understand it, He dives the SPG's on one side due to him doing a lot of instructing, He explains it better than i could on the video. The loop/gases are standard config though... Are you aware the videos are mirrored?
Ok that's why everything looked so weird! I was think I was taking crazypills! Why he would upload mirrored videos?

I think that JJ video was somehow mirrored left to right. I remember freaking out after a while because of it. Watch the whole "Lean-Left, Rich-Right" section when he is assembling the cylinders and regs onto the frame. I actually had to stop watching it so my head didn't explode.

I think that JJ video was somehow mirrored left to right. I remember freaking out after a while because of it. Watch the whole "Lean-Left, Rich-Right" section when he is assembling the cylinders and regs onto the frame. I actually had to stop watching it so my head didn't explode.

Yeah, I'll watch anything with a JJ, but that mirroring was rough. So I just downloaded it and flipped it with an older version of Quicktime that lets you do that... Very nice presentation!

Mike,
Can you post you doctored version?

Was thinking about that, but I didn't want to overstep, since it's their video, and they might not want random Yanks downloading their IP, playing around with it, and posting it... LOL.

@SammyW, do you want to email Adam Wood and ask if it's OK? If you are going to send him the link to this thread, you might want to edit your "old person" comment! :D

If you don't care about that, I can email him myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom