Jet fin challenge.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A set of turtle fins will be the closest to the Jets and the foot pocket is MUCH larger. I was told that there are new Jets with as large a foot pocket, but have not seen them firsthand.

diverepair:
I've been trying to decide on some new fins because of the purchace of a dry suit. My SP jets of over 25yrs. won't fit the boot. I've recently started diving search and rescue. You seem to know your fins. Any suggestions between Jet, Twin Jet, Bios for SAR.

You're kidding, right? I generally make it a habit of not harassing the wildlife.

Scubakevdm:
I failed three times consecutively to corral sharks

Dan Gibson:
You're kidding, right? I generally make it a habit of not harassing the wildlife.

I'm so proud of you. Anyway, I have again dived in the Jets today. No new developments, however I did some experiments and thought of a good analogy:
Going fast in the Jets reminds me of riding a mountain bike... on a flat road.... in first gear.... as fast as I can. In fact they remind me very much of mountain bikes in general. They are big, rugged and kinda cool looking and have lots of low end. They brake very well too. They are very very good for moving yourself powerfully in any direction for short distances.
Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to salt some slugs, pull the wings off a few flies and tie bags onto the cat's feet.

It's solved. The splits are for race car drivers, and the jets are for sport utility drivers.

Hi Scubakevdm

Just wanted to say thanks. I'll bet there are a lot of people like me, reading your updates but not posting. Anyway, thought I'd come out in the open and say I appreciate your sharing the results of your analysis.

Scubakevdm:
I'm so proud of you. Now, if you'll excuse me I'm off to salt some slugs, pull the wings off a few flies and tie bags onto the cat's feet.

And for giving us other ideas for worthwhile activities ;^)

I've resolved this issue once and of all. I wear one of each, that way I have two sets!!

I now have SPEED AND CONTROL!!!

Now if I can only figure out how to stop swimming in circles !!!!

Scubakev, hat's off to you for:

1)Having an open mind;
2)Actually trying something out to see what it's like;
3)Using that to decide what's best for you.

All the best, James

Wow this thread is exactly what I was looking for. I am in the market for a new set of fins since my SP twinjets (which I love) don't fit over my drysuit boots very well. One of my instructors offered to lend me his jet fins this weekend, he swars by them and uses them for everyting from tech diving to teaching OW classes. I will post up my report on the jets on Sunday.

One thing I do not like about the twinjets, is they love to float. Whether I am diving in a skin in coz or in a drysuit in SoCal, it happens and I don't like it very much. I heard the jets are more negative, so we will see.

Thanks Scubakevdm for posting your experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom