I've had it with wireless air integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For it's old SPG this and obsolete SPG that, and chuck it out, the brass & glass thing.
But it's a saver of the dive and of the vacation when the wireless AI alarms begin to sing.

Rudyard Kipling is about due for a renaissance. His short stories are wonderful, his poetry greatly underappreciated. Tommy Atkins is one of his best. He is too often glibly dismissed as an imperialist. He was much more.

This is a fine and clever take off on a poem not familiar to many Americans, even though it created the word 'Tommy". I enjoyed it.

After his 17 year old son was killed and lost in WW1, Kipling wrote the inscription that is still used on the grave markers of British unknown war dead.

http://faxmentis.org/html/kipling.html

Last edited:
Crikey! I just read all 13 pages of this... because I wanted to learn about people's experience with wireless/hoseless/noseless/hairless/tubeless/horseless air integration! What a waste of my time....

Reactions: Jax
Crikey! I just read all 13 pages of this... because I wanted to learn about people's experience with wireless/hoseless/noseless/hairless/tubeless/horseless air integration! What a waste of my time....

But if you were to start a new thread and ask the same question you would be chided by the internet superstars telling you "it's all been said before" and would attach an instructional on how to use the search function in SB. So either way, it's a stupid waste of time

Why the problems with the wireless AI?
Sending unit too far from the gauge? Density of water?...or something else?

Is the situation better if the computer is closer to the sending unit like with one of those Oceanic Data Masks?

Wireless air always struck me as a bad solution to a non-existent problem. An SPG on a well-routed hose is hardly an inconvenience. For something as critical as monitoring gas supply, why would anyone risk it to some rinky-dink set-up.

It's a stupid gimmick.

IMHO of course! :D

PS, I still use my original SPG on one of my stage regs. It was a USD PLASTIC jobbie... It's 40 years old and has never given me a spot of trouble. I'm sure I must have changed the swivel o-ring at some point, but I can't remember when!

Never had a signal loss or issue with my Aeris Elite. IMO the "this is unnecessary, and unreliable" arguments are a lot like the backlash at computers originally. As the technology improves and gets cheaper, I wouldn't be surprised if SPGs are as outdated as depth gauges in the future.

"Thou who stealest fire from the fountains of the past..."

This is an ancient thread which devolved to a poetry jam. It was much more interesting that way.

hmmmmmm..... wouldn't the digital ones have done that already? :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom