I've had it with wireless air integration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrong. You have heard two people use it here, unless you didn't read the rest of the thread before posting. :)

---------- Post added February 21st, 2014 at 02:53 PM ----------

Ah, my friend... so glad that your ear is also attuned to the muse! See, we agree on "aqualung", there's common ground, right?

Here, I wrote this for you and all the others who see poetry in the deep:
Ode to an SPG:

O gallant seer of pressured tank
You guard my life in the salty dank
Your face is true ‘neath crystal glass
Your heart protected by shiny brass
When from my hip to wrist you rose
Did you weep at the loss of your trusty hose?

A Blake fan, it seems. So am I.

I'd love to see a wrist mounted SPG. I've only seen wrist mounted computers that provide a digital PSI (or metric equivalent) number which has been wirelessly transmitted from a first stage sensor. No hose-bereft gauges at all, only a computer that would be blown to smithereens if an HP hose, or even an LP hose were affixed in an attempt to staunch that flood of tears. The computer might be comforted by the knowledge that it is not a pressure gauge because it does not measure pressure. It merely displays a number. Neither it nor any of its ancestors ever possessed a hose.

Poetic license, I suppose
computers weeping for a hose
while SPGs in dreams equip
themselves with a spectral microchip

Poetic license, I suppose
computers weeping for a hose
while SPGs in dreams equip
themselves with a spectral microchip

Bravo! :)

OK, we need to put together a syllabus for next semester. Let's see if TDI will sponsor courses in the humanities...

Advanced Deco and Deconstruction?

Plato's allegory of the cave and cavern?

Shakespeare and Scuba: From "A Midsummer Night Dive" to "Troilus and Cressida and Trimix"

An ode to a hoseless wireless air integrated underwater computer

Shall I compare thee to a brass SPG?
Thou art more reliable and more temperate
Rough seas do not shake the wireless connectivity
And you release me of yet another hose.
Sometime too hot the glance of critics may be
But seldom is our bond broken
And ever far is our connection maintained
By chance, or nature's changing frequency, untrimmed;
But thy eternal connectivity shall not fade
Nor lose coolness value of that thou ow'st.
Nor shall flooding cause thy death
When in eternal lines to Hollis thou grow'st
So long as divers underwater can breathe
So long lives my wireless computer and gives love to thee

An ode to a hoseless wireless air integrated underwater computer

Shall I compare thee to a brass SPG?
Thou art more reliable and more temperate
Rough seas do not shake the wireless connectivity
And you release me of yet another hose.
Sometime too hot the glance of critics may be
But seldom is our bond broken
And ever far is our connection maintained
By chance, or nature's changing frequency, untrimmed;
But thy eternal connectivity shall not fade
Nor lose coolness value of that thou ow'st.
Nor shall flooding cause thy death
When in eternal lines to Hollis thou grow'st
So long as divers underwater can breathe
So long lives my wireless computer and gives love to thee

AWESOME.

OK, we need our own subforum.

Bravo! :)

OK, we need to put together a syllabus for next semester. Let's see if TDI will sponsor courses in the humanities...

Advanced Deco and Deconstruction?

Plato's allegory of the cave and cavern?

Shakespeare and Scuba: From "A Midsummer Night Dive" to "Troilus and Cressida and Trimix"

Thanks for the 'bravo'. I must apologize for the occasional crankiness in some of my posts. I have been having two very bad tinnitus days, and they affect my mood profoundly. Tinnitus interferes with cognition, a very frustrating thing to deal with.

Plato's allegory is among the most profound insights into the human condition. What do we know of reality beyond the unimaginably distorted and incomplete images our poor organic senses feed into our limited brains?

'The Tempest' should be on any list of Shakespeare's work in the context you mention. Melville understood this, thus the opening sentence of 'Moby Dick'. The lines that precede "Call me Ishmael" capture the sea's magic better than any I have ever read.

Thanks for the 'bravo'. I must apologize for the occasional crankiness in some of my posts.

Not at all... I genuinely have enjoyed this conversation - you have a great deal to offer, and you make your case in prose with obvious talent!

I have been having two very bad tinnitus days, and they affect my mood profoundly. Tinnitus interferes with cognition, a very frustrating thing to deal with.

Yes, tinnitus is a very frustrating thing. Unfortunately, not a lot known about the underlying pathophysiology to help with treatment, although some things are promising. You have probably seen this, but if not, possibly some help here...

'The Tempest' should be on any list of Shakespeare's work in the context you mention.

I see Prospero as an instructor at Dutch Springs. By summoning a storm that causes the local dive boats to get blown out, he draws his brother Antonio to the quarry...

Sheesh. From Aeris to Ishmael. Let's all meet at Starbucks...

(This thread probably belongs in the pub).

Wait quick thinking. I have no faith in wireless transmitters. Mine fails all the time.

Not all 'hosed' computers uses hoses; some use electrical wires where the pressure digitization happens near the tank. One example is the long obsolete AI version of the VR3 (which was measuring tank pressure with an electrical wire, not a hose; not be confused with the CCR linked VR3). Also if you look at CCR computers they all use electrical wires to measure the O2 pressure in the rebreather loop; then VR introduced the VRX which was capable of wireless CCR monitoring, i.e. measuring the O2 pressure in the CCR omitting the previous electrical wire.

Wireless also does not refer necessarily to radio waves; the Lynx is 'wireless' but uses ultrasound.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

LOL, he he.

How the heck can I retract my post earlier ??

No wires, no hoses and they are also hairless, who wants a hairless dive computer, yuck.

Said personal dive computers shall hereinafter be referred to as "Non-Tethered" from this day forward and witnessed by all postee's on this thread from this day forward. This contract shall be in good standing until voted obsolete by a majority vote or until December 30th 2099 11:59am, which ever comes first...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom