It's Official! I passed my ICQ.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As a retired NAUI Instructor Trainer- Congrats and welcome to the group.

You just made it through one of the most grueling instructor courses out there.
Just as some insight- those events were set up to stress you out and to make sure you could cope with the stress and not cave.

Ultimately, you will start instinctively seeing when things are wrong and that is what it's all about; seeing the problem before it becomes a situation.

Besides it is fun to share stories about training and we all end up with some good stories.

Andrew

Grueling is right! The instructors who went before us at this shop have been telling us (I had 2 classmates) that our ICQ was by far much more challenging than theirs. Our presentations were more complex and we had real students for our open water session. Some of us had assistants who had worked with us in the pool and others of us didn't. The assistants who hadn't worked with us didn't work out so well. Guess who the lucky one was in that situation! It was ugly. It's over, and I'm so happy! I'm also looking forward to helping out with the divemaster class, and the next instructor class.

If only there was a hidden camera between midnight and 1am Saturday night when we were all in the hotel room studying Sunday's written exam and confined water teaching presentations. I'm sure it would be a winner on America's Funniest Videos. We were beat down and refusing to quit. It paid off and we made it. Having each other made a very very big difference.

Way to go Twinklez !!!

--- - --- - --- --- - ---

( It's code get richerso to explain it :wink: )

Congratulations! It is only now, as I am about to start my ITC, that I can truly appreciate what an accomplishment that is! Good job, now enjoy it.

Hey congrats former dive buddy! Glad to see you successfully pursued it. Now I'm not worthy!

DivinGuy, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Making divemaster will always mean a lot to me because of the physical challenges. Instructor is a completely different animal. I'm sure you'll do very well. And... chances are you'll end of with the same Course Director that I had.

Hey congrats former dive buddy! Glad to see you successfully pursued it. Now I'm not worthy!

Ahhh Bill - Thank you. But let's get one thing straight... just because I'm many many miles away and don't get to visit home often doesn't mean I'm a "former" buddy. I promise to come back and dive with you again. I'll be out that way end of this month for a quick family visit, but I have a grand daughter in SoCal now so I'll most certainly need to visit more often. Besides, you realize you were my first right? If you remember that was my first salt water dive. Before you I was simply the Swamp Queen. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom