Is Verde Island worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you're definitely in great hands then... have fun!!

yeah man he's the same guy.
my friends, most of whom are rescue divers still rave about how good he is at planning difficult dives. and he is very careful in handling divers who are unfamiliar with rough dives. they say he is the perfect guy to do verde with especailly if you havent been there...

I think it depends on what type of diving you enjoy. One my first two trips to PG I went to Verde for a day, last trip I did not bother. As said, clear water, sweeping vistas, big schools of fish. I would call it scenic, BUT, as a beginner photographer, put me down in the muck around PG instead anytime.

That is so very true!:coffee::coffee:

I am going next week with Ethei

He likes the place

no doubt

I'm not attacking Ethei so you guys don't need to defend him. I thought Ethei was a good guy. None of what you are saying applies. I don't know why he said what he said... If Ethei wants to explain why he told me Verde wasn't worth doing let him PM me or one you guys who has my email can give it to him and he can email me. I was only responding to BabyD's question. PPD'ers that I saw in Manila last year at the end of my trip, didn't understand either when I told them then about it.

The overwhelming opinion here is that Verde is a "must do". I think we can leave it at that.

I'm not attacking Ethei so you guys don't need to defend him. I thought Ethei was a good guy. None of what you are saying applies. I don't know why he said what he said... If Ethei wants to explain why he told me Verde wasn't worth doing let him PM me or one you guys who has my email can give it to him and he can email me. I was only responding to BabyD's question. PPD'ers that I saw in Manila last year at the end of my trip, didn't understand either when I told them then about it.

The overwhelming opinion here is that Verde is a "must do". I think we can leave it at that.

Sorry Bill, you have lost me completely, or are maybe reading more into my post than was there. I have no idea who Ethei is, and so have no need or desire to "defend" him.

As I said, if you like "sweeping vistas" type diving - its a great place. For me, as a (begining) photographer who likes muck - its somewhat less so.

YYMV.

Yup, and just to disperse any confusion (escept for my own, I've tried many times, but it always remains...:D), I was just acknowledging that this is very true! For a wall lover like me, Verde was awesome! But there was no muck to be seen for miles!

As I said, if you like "sweeping vistas" type diving - its a great place. For me, as a (begining) photographer who likes muck - its somewhat less so.

YYMV.

My first wall dive was in the Anilao area last month, out next to sombero island, called beatrice rock. Man, I just love wall diving. I just need to remember to keep an eye on that depth gauge...

My first wall dive was in the Anilao area last month, out next to sombero island, called beatrice rock. Man, I just love wall diving. I just need to remember to keep an eye on that depth gauge...

i love wall dives too.
id say beatrice is one of the best places to dive in anilao
for muck dives, my friends always rave about secret bay and basura, also in anilao

i love wall dives too.
id say beatrice is one of the best places to dive in anilao
for muck dives, my friends always rave about secret bay and basura, also in anilao

No doubt, Beatrice is nice and Basura is one of the best muck dives I've made anywhere :)

i got our quotation for verde and it was quite pricey
now im thinking twice of wether to go or not.
i wonder how verde compares to the wall dives in bohol (balicassag) and the wall in dumaguete(apo island)
are there things i will see in verde that i will never see in these places?
i searched the forum and thre doesnt seem to be a very comprehensive review of ewhat once can actually see in verde

i wonder how verde compares to the wall dives in bohol (balicassag) and the wall in dumaguete(apo island)
i searched the forum and thre doesnt seem to be a very comprehensive review of ewhat once can actually see in verde

Rab, when I was there there was nothing I saw in Verde that I didn't already see in Sabang. Just that on Verde there was much much more of everything, as well as a stunning vertical rock wall. So it's not as if skipping verde you are going to miss out on seing a Unicorn Pigmy seahorse...:rofl3: You'll just be missing a very very nice dive! If you're tight on budget, you can definetly skip Verde! You'll still be getting great dives in at the other places you will be going to. Nevertheless, they were the best dives I did over there...

Choice is up to you!:cool2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom