Is the T3 a worthy upgrade over the B2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonic04GT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had a B2 for nearly 15 years and it's a great regulator. I can get 20% off a $1900 T3 if I trade in my B2.

Would you guys consider switching to a T3 or are the differences subtle enough to where I should just keep chugging along with my B2/Z3 octo combo?

This is for saltwater Florida diving.

I've had a B2 for nearly 15 years and it's a great regulator. I can get 20% off a $1900 T3 if I trade in my B2.

Would you guys consider switching to a T3 or are the differences subtle enough to where I should just keep chugging along with my B2/Z3 octo combo?

I have a T3/B2 octo regset and love it. However, you won’t notice any difference in how the T3 breathes vs the B2!

So… unless there is something wrong with the B2, I’d use the money for something else (as, even with 20% off, a T3 reg set will still be a good chunk of change)

I have practically all Atomic regulator models with some that are almost 25 years old. I wouldn't trade in the B2 if there is nothing wrong with it (there shouldn't anything wrong with it). The T3 isn't going to breath better than the B2 (assuming that both are tuned to factory specs and the B2 has been serviced by a competent technician according to mfg.'s specs). T3 offers you the best resistance to corrosion and most reliability but I don't believe that it is worth trading in the B2 for 15% of the T3's price. I'd buy the T3 on its own merit but I'd keep the B2.

I have practically all Atomic regulator models with some that are almost 25 years old. I wouldn't trade in the B2 if there is nothing wrong with it (there shouldn't anything wrong with it). The T3 isn't going to breath better than the B2 (assuming that both are tuned to factory specs and the B2 has been serviced by a competent technician according to mfg.'s specs). T3 offers you the best resistance to corrosion and most reliability but I don't believe that it is worth trading in the B2 for 15% of the T3's price. I'd buy the T3 on its own merit but I'd keep the B2.
What about that special lever T3 has?

02-0072-00
Lever, Magnum (Gold)

I don't believe that is going to make the T3 breathe better. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the T3 and I will soon but I don't believe that it is worth trading in the B2 for a 15%. If there is nothing wrong with his B2, it isn't worth the swap. I'd get the T3 and keep the B2 if I can afford it.

I want to get the T3 because I want the T3 to complete my collection and because of the incredible longevity and reliability of the T3. I'll probably go for 10 years between servicing with a T3 :)

Thanks guys. I suppose I'll hold onto the B2! I was in the shop today looking at a T3 while my buddy and I waited on his tanks and I couldn't help but want it lol

I did have some issues with the B2's tuning after the last service at a shop I hadn't been to before. Took it back and it's better now, but still makes me wonder if they truly tuned it as best as they could. Headed out tomorrow for the first dive in a year or so. Do you guys know if Atomic does servicing if I were to send it to them eventually?

I never had any issues with it, and almost feel like I'm better off not getting it serviced and having people disassemble and mess with it. I only did it out of precaution as it sat for a few years.

Tell them you want 25% but don’t agree on the condition of trading, keep your trusted reliable B2.

Thanks guys. I suppose I'll hold onto the B2! I was in the shop today looking at a T3 while my buddy and I waited on his tanks and I couldn't help but want it lol

I did have some issues with the B2's tuning after the last service at a shop I hadn't been to before. Took it back and it's better now, but still makes me wonder if they truly tuned it as best as they could. Headed out tomorrow for the first dive in a year or so. Do you guys know if Atomic does servicing if I were to send it to them eventually?

I never had any issues with it, and almost feel like I'm better off not getting it serviced and having people disassemble and mess with it. I only did it out of precaution as it sat for a few years.
What were the issues?

When you get back, send your reg set to:

Be sure to let them know whether you want them to environmentally seal the first stage. That can add a chunk of change to the service cost. They do a great job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom