Is one dive computer enough for 4 divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I guess I've been introduced to the board, thanks for the answers. As I mentioned I am taking the course in a few weeks as a refresher with the family. Looking forward to getting back in the water.

I will NOT miss Chapter 5 in the PADI manual. :wink:

I have all the I-net sites bookmarked as well as the review sites for equipment. I didn't think my question would be 6 pages in answers but thanks again for all the input.

One more on this topic..........I've read some like the wrist DC some like the in-line DC hooked to the tank. Knowing my girls like one poster mentioned, he resorted to zip clips on their BC for a wrist model.

Any benefits from one to the other over the lost factor of a wrist version?

Can you download any of the hose models to a PC?

Most (all?) AI computers have download functionality.

Rather than zip tie it, I'd get a decent bungeed wrist mount. It's much easier to glance at the gauge on your wrist than have to retrieve it from the BCD.

One more on this topic..........I've read some like the wrist DC some like the in-line DC hooked to the tank. Knowing my girls like one poster mentioned, he resorted to zip clips on their BC for a wrist model.

Any benefits from one to the other over the lost factor of a wrist version?

Can you download any of the hose models to a PC?

Thanks to all and yes, I did seem to hit a nerve, I hope it possibly helped remind us all about safety. I will look at the 180nx.

I actually want them to learn the tables just like I did, so they have an appreciation for the new technology. The physics of diving remain the same, we just have a little more help these days.

Roger that Simon, I agree. DC's are new to me, I look forward to learning the new technology! It really was just a NOOB question after not diving for some time.

Thanks to all and yes, I did seem to hit a nerve, I hope it possibly helped remind us all about safety. I will look at the 180nx.

I actually want them to learn the tables just like I did, so they have an appreciation for the new technology. The physics of diving remain the same, we just have a little more help these days.

The nerve you hit relates to the state of training that exists today. For my part, I had assumed you were newly certified and hearing such a question left me wondering what fraud certified you without this basic knowledge being conveyed.

For someone such as yourself, not having completed the course, it was a reasonable question. Just be careful asking about Spare Air. :wink:

Again, welcome to SB.

not shure how some of the other folks think but i do not run my comp in conservative mode...it's my feeling that it gives some divers a false sense of safety ..i have seen more than 1 convey to me it's cool cos i actually have more time ...me i want real time numbers ..just me

Spare Air? That sounds cool! I just filled up an empty soda bottle with some and capped it off. I should be good now; at least once I figure out how to breath off of it underwater that is! :wink:

All joking aside though, some folks on here do tend to sometimes take themselves a little too seriously, but everyone means well and only wants to help. So post away and don't let the occasional gruff response dissuade you.

Jason

fish tank tubeing and a Mcdonalds straw

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom