Is one dive computer enough for 4 divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great and that will be my set up.........see I'm getting up to speed. Thanks for the great post.

What is the advantage of the new "web" cross stitch tubing vs rubber ?

If you start with good stuff - it will save you money in the end big time. Reasearching here on SB is the best thing you can do for you and the fam. Research bp/w. That is what you will want to go with. :)

At the rate DevonDiver has been going, he might post a pic for ya. Were waiting DD :D

Abaco, As for the necklaces; I like the commercial one better - and don't worry they are cheap - you can even get them in pink for the girls. I have some of the others I have made for myself but I like the commercial ones better.

Because they simply say that no two divers can dive precisely the same profile, which is true, and if the computerless diver goes deeper than the computer then the computer can't draw a safe envelope for the computerless diver.
However... I stand by the statement that a (normal recreational profile, no deco stops required, deepest part first - no silly sawtooth stuff) profile that is always shallower than the computer (and therefore shorter as well) is safer than the profile dived by the computer.
If you can figure one out that isn't, and back it up with an accepted algorithm, have at it. I'd love to see it.
As I said in my original post on the subject, this is against *everybody's* advice and guidance (including mine), but the question was "can you?" and the answer is "yes."
And we shouldn't say something's not possible just because it isn't advisable.
Oh, and I will add, just to make sure I'm not misunderstood... Don't do it. :)
E

I understand that you are answering the OP's question and not offering a personal recommendation... BUT, I still think it serves no purpose to theorize 'how' you can perform unsafe practices.... especially on a public forum, in the newbie section, where people may act on your information.

Remember, there are divers out there who just look for 'justification' to do something, no matter how imprudent it is.

Can you dive to 400' on air? Yes.
Can you conduct extensive cave penetration on a single AL80? Yes.
Can you dive with one set of kit, but 2 divers, by buddy-breathing throughout? Yes.
etc etc etc

Give me any ludicrously unsafe suggestion and I could provide an arguement how you could achieve it.... but what would be the point in that?

I understand that you are answering the OP's question and not offering a personal recommendation... BUT, I still think it serves no purpose to theorize 'how' you can perform unsafe practices.... especially on a public forum, in the newbie section, where people may act on your information.

:yelclap:

That is for way more advanced discussion. Stating it in this section just proves confusing to the newer diver and causes arguments on an otherwise good thread.

Give me any ludicrously unsafe suggestion and I could provide an arguement how you could achieve it.... but what would be the point in that?

If you do, Epinephelus, please start another thread in a different section of the board.

Now DD, ABout those pics...

May I ask another dumb question............what is an OP???

and misdirected, you've lost me and my topic I think......I just want to know a good Dive computer for 4 now that the Oceanic Veo 180n seems to be gone. I can't find it anywhere, the SUU D4 is $400 plus. These will be Christmas gifts.

Whats a good 3mm/5mm wetsuit for girls that has color options? Pink, yellow, etc....

I thought it might be related to Oppie on the Andy Griffin show.......So does Nitrox help divers over 40 feel less tired after a dive?

I used to go 100% O2 in the jet which made me feel better. Just wondering if 32% or 36% is better. Maybe I can ask for a Nitrox cert with my refresher?

and misdirected, you've lost me and my topic I think......I just want to know a good Dive computer for 4 now that the Oceanic Veo 180n seems to be gone. I can't find it anywhere, the SUU D4 is $400 plus. These will be Christmas gifts.

Whats a good 3mm/5mm wetsuit for girls that has color options? Pink, yellow, etc....

The computer I'd recommend that has a fantasic price point and is Nitrox compatible is the Suunto Gekko ($175-250 hit ebay). I think it will fit all of your needs. Great basic computer that does quite a bit. Trust me, you will want nitrox down the road.

Wetsuits... I usually dive nekkid :rofl3: Meaning w/o suit lol. Look at Henderson they seem to have several options.

I thought it might be related to Oppie on the Andy Griffin show.......So does Nitrox help divers over 40 feel less tired after a dive?

I used to go 100% O2 in the jet which made me feel better. Just wondering if 32% or 36% is better. Maybe I can ask for a Nitrox cert with my refresher?

That is debateable. Some say yes, while others say no. For the cost, get the cert. It will give you in certain ranges more BT (bottom time). As you and the family become more experienced, you will appreciate those extra few minutes.

Off to bed.

There is no proven medical evidence that nitrox will reduce fatigue. Many divers have different opinions on this, due to their own experiences.

Personally, I believe in the logic that increased oxygenation of the brain (if not the body) provides me with an increased level of alertness after a dive. I may be as physically tired, but I am certainly not as mentally tired. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom