Is now a dangerous time to travel to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You should definitely keep your plans for Cozumel - diving is great and the place is probably safer than many parts of the US. And you can still find good value flights to Cozumel.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I wish they'd also include some statistics such as risk of getting hurt in a crossfire in Quintana Roo versus probability of having a depression episode while overworking yourself in a cold rainy stressful environment.
As far as I'm concerned, it is definitely NOT safe for me to NOT go to Mexico soon."

.......my sentiments exactly !

Not to me! Lost time, dragging all your gear to bus, to fairy, to taxi, nope, fly me direct.
Last time I dragged all my gear to the fairy it wore him out and I ended up having to take the boat instead.

Was there in November and back in February. Mexico is a large country. It is heart breaking what is happening in Mexico, but taring Coz with the same brush as the problem areas of Mexico is like comparing East L.A. to Boulder, Colorado. Go!!!!

Last time I dragged all my gear to the fairy it wore him out and I ended up having to take the boat instead.

I fear dem "fairy's" just ain't what they used to be! :shakehead:

Cozumel March 12 to 19! Here I come! :D

Bless you guys for stating the fact that Cozumel is a wonderful and safe place.
If I say it, it's not nearly as believable as a tourism operator in Cozumel; and it's sad to get messages such as "cancel my reservation; my wife refuses to travel to Mexico what with the violence".
It's the television and the newspapers that don't state precisely where in Mexico something happened that is hurting us. I thank God I live in one of the friedliest and safest places on the planet.
Saludos,
Bill

Going down for the holidays with wife, daughter (6) and Son (4). No place I would rather be.

Cozumel is very dangerous!

Beware of the uneven sidewalks!

Bless you guys for stating the fact that Cozumel is a wonderful and safe place.
If I say it, it's not nearly as believable as a tourism operator in Cozumel; and it's sad to get messages such as "cancel my reservation; my wife refuses to travel to Mexico what with the violence".
It's the television and the newspapers that don't state precisely where in Mexico something happened that is hurting us. I thank God I live in one of the friedliest and safest places on the planet.
Saludos,
Bill

My wife, my 2 y.o. daughter and I will be down in Cozumel and diving with Bill (Aqua Safari) the first of the year. Cozumel is safer than any big city in the U.S.

Hola Bill, see you in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

- A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom