Is now a dangerous time to travel to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True, junkies tend to be underweight. That's more a function of being too drugged out to care about eating or too poor to afford food after spending all one's money on heroin. For true metabolic assistance with weight loss, it's more expedient (and cheaper) to acquire a meth addiction instead.
Note to self : acquire a meth addiction before next summer in order to fit in that XS wetsuit.

Problem with the Meth weight loss plan is the added "bonus" of tooth loss. Can you gum your reg?

It also increases air consumption by speeding up one's pulse. I'd imagine heroin, which depresses the respiratory function, is much better for divers trying to lose weight as you keep your teeth and extend your bottom time. That ferry captain might have been murderous, but he was spot on with the diet plan.

I wonder if that's the real reason why Rush Limbaugh had all that Oxycontin, the poor guy was just trying to shed a few pounds.

Back on topic (but still outlandish): As I'm going on a cruise next month (yeah, I know, but at least I'll get in some lousy diving in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo), I've been more active in the cruiseline's forum on cruisecritic.com. There's one frequent poster who chimes in every time someone asks a question about Mexican ports. One claim he makes is that his wife, who supposedly understands Spanish, got off a ship in Cozumel and overheard locals plotting about mugging tourists. She got right back on the ship and they've never gotten off in Mexico since (he has colorful and equally unbelievable anecdotes about other ports as well). Knowing the only mugging that routinely happens to cruise ship tourists in Cozumel is by aggressive vendors legally selling them crap, I've called his b/s twice now on the forum. He no longer repeats the Cozumel story, but it sure is interesting to see others' perspectives on what we all know to be a very safe island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom