Is it bad to pee in a wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichLockyer:
You don't need the bag... just extend the tube all the way out of the suit.

That's the kind of system I was originally trying to find a pic of. I saw something like that in a motorcycle magazine once called "he-rider". (Ladies can couple the he-rider with The Magic Cone ) :wink:

Couldn't find a pic though. Stadium Pal was the next best thing for my purposes. :monkeydan

RichLockyer:
You don't need the bag... just extend the tube all the way out of the suit.

There is no way I would just extend a tube out of my suit without a non-return valve.

If you want to see a photo of the sort of thing that can swim in see:
http://www.internext.com.br/urologia/Casosclinicos.htm

Real photo of a real case. Not for the squeamish. :eyebrow:

jagfish:
Scuba_John:
While at depth I figure the increased pressure on the blatter will cause the need.
Your bladder should be non-compressable since it is fillled with fluid. For this reason, I believe any solid or fluid part of your body would not feel any effects of pressure...

Only air spaces can feel pressure...

JAG
Only a question? This would indicate that there is no reason for DCS or DCI? While I was not speaking of the blatter it self but the areas around. And ones "feel" may be a perseption of some other affect. Your body is not a solid such as a tank but can be made to change shape. An example would be the stress ball that you squeeze. It changes shape but still has the same volume ect...or a cause of death in car accidents may not be the impact but the sudden stoping which is caused by the impact and the trama caused to the organs moving inn the cavities. Just a thought.

Scuba_John:
Your body is not a solid such as a tank but can be made to change shape. An example would be the stress ball that you squeeze. It changes shape but still has the same volume ect...or a cause of death in car accidents may not be the impact but the sudden stoping which is caused by the impact and the trama caused to the organs moving inn the cavities. Just a thought.

Right
I think the difference would be that water exerts a uniform pressure all around any body that is submerged. The examples that were cited are pressures that are concentrated in an ununiform manner, resulting in deformation.

The indirect cause of DCS, the absorption of Nitrogen, is caused I believe not due to the pressure on the liquid itself (blood and tissues), but the pressure on the gas in contact with the liquid/tissues (air in the lungs), that "pushes" (in simplistic terms) more gas into the bloodstream. This continues until the gas pressure within the liquid reaches equilibrium with the pressure of the gas in contact with the liquid.

JAG

miketsp:
In the 17th and 18th centuries, cannon balls were stored on the decks of a war-ship in a pyramid shaped pile using a frame called a monkey to keep them in place. Sometimes these frames were made of brass, which could contract substantially in very cold weather and the balls would roll out of the frames. Hence the expresson - 'Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey' !

This is an urban legend. See:

http://www.snopes.com/language/stories/brass.htm

EricDive:

Yes I know, but I wouldn't be able to use the phrase I wanted if I didn't quote the legend. :wink:

Here's another comment:

Most of the round shot was carried in racks or 'garlands' which were either wood or rope. No nautical dictionaries give any reference to the brass monkey although monkey was a term used for all sorts of other things. The use of brass is also questionable since it was a fairly expensive commodity and there seems to be no reason for its use when wood sufficed.

from the National Maritime Museum site at Greenwich:
http://www.nmm.ac.uk/site/navId/005...contentTypeA/conFaq/contentId/87/mode/archive

ninjamuzo:
No problem at all. In a dry suit without a relief valve is a whole other story.

I would not choose to pee in the drysuit, but I am known to have the urge come on quickly :11: (often had to pee in wet suit); since new to drysuit, what is one to do if down there and have to really go? Any special technique or do you just call the dive??

wpscortland:
I would not choose to pee in the drysuit, but I am known to have the urge come on quickly :11: (often had to pee in wet suit); since new to drysuit, what is one to do if down there and have to really go? Any special technique or do you just call the dive??

I don't dive a drysuit, but from what I've read the answer depends.

No, I mean the answer IS Depends.

http://www.depend.com/products/products_male.asp

durian:
Will peeing in a wetsuit harm it in anyway? Is there anyting in urine that may compromise the reliability of a wetsuit?

In a wetsuit? No prob...

In a drysuit? BIG prob.... :banana:

wpscortland:

In theory, it's really simple - a pee valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom