Interesting new hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming there isn't a bolt snap and a tank valve tangled up on it. Preference and all that, I don't think you're going to get yourself killed either way, I just don't see the advantage. The point of the SPG is to verify what you already know based on depth and time.

Maybe during a square profile in open water.

I like to dive my single rig this way. No traffic that I can see and my buddy can read my gas too - if I had one :eyebrow:

Snapshot 3 (23-07-2013 7-48 PM).pngSnapshot 2 (23-07-2013 7-46 PM).pngSnapshot 1 (23-07-2013 7-44 PM).png

the way I see it is that there isn't much in the way of functional advantages running the spg off either post and both posts is overkill IMHO, but if you stow the spg on your left hip, then it takes less hose to use the left post.

Always willing to learn but I see a less advantage of running it off your right post. I have my primary off the right and chances are if something is going to go wrong it will more than likely be off the post you (me) are breathing from. I can shut down the right post and still be able to use the SPG. Agree with 2 SPG's being a little overkill.

Always willing to learn but I see a less advantage of running it off your right post. I have my primary off the right and chances are if something is going to go wrong it will more than likely be off the post you (me) are breathing from. I can shut down the right post and still be able to use the SPG. Agree with 2 SPG's being a little overkill.

I think the thought (based mostly on posts in this thread) is that once either reg fails, you are aborting the dive with as much gas as you have. Sure, it might be nice to know how much you have, but it won't change things if you don't have enough.

Really? If you have just spent 19 minutes at 100' on air would you like to know if you have 300 or 1300psi? Would that effect your ascent rate or where you position yourself in the water column and when?

I think the thought (based mostly on posts in this thread) is that once either reg fails, you are aborting the dive with as much gas as you have. Sure, it might be nice to know how much you have, but it won't change things if you don't have enough.

I totally understand your reply but it is a lot more complicated with deco and cave dives. I want as much information as I can get in order to stack the deck in my favor. It is for this reason that I refuse to dive a computer that locks you out, during a dive, if you violate it. It is to me like a friend letting you down when you need them the most. BTW, I have yet to violate a computer.

If you're paying attention, you can estimate your remaining gas no matter what the profile. Sawtooth, cave, wreck, whatever. If you're not paying attention, then all bets are off.

Sure, you can estimate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom