Interesting new hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have routed the way Tony described since picking up my first stage. I clip it off on the outside of the stage bottle clip on the left chest d ring. I do not think the all in one package in a sleave is a good idea, for identifying leaks.
Eric

I have routed the way Tony described since picking up my first stage. I clip it off on the outside of the stage bottle clip on the left chest d ring. I do not think the all in one package in a sleave is a good idea, for identifying leaks.
Eric

If the pressure gauge is on my left waist D ring - and I barely check it (since I know and expect what it should say) - then Im not seeing a leak for most of the dive anyway? It just a PITA to check it with 2 stages.....

I dont see how having the SPG hose and LP inflator hose is a problem at all. If there is a leak...seperate the hoses to identify it - no big deal.

I might give this a shot?

I've been routing the SPG over the left shoulder for three decades, you just have to glance at it. Those who advocate attaching the SPG to the left D-ring are those who don't regularly need to see it (well experienced divers), and do so to "keep it out of the way". But, I expect the unexpected, and I want to always know what is actually in my cylinders at any given moment.

I've been routing the SPG over the left shoulder for three decades, you just have to glance at it. Those who advocate attaching the SPG to the left D-ring are those who don't regularly need to see it (well experienced divers), and do so to "keep it out of the way". But, I expect the unexpected, and I want to always know what is actually in my cylinders at any given moment.

I learned a long time time ago never to assume anything underwater. It was hammered in by my instructor!

Anybody have a picture of hoses routed this way? I'm a visual learner, and don't have my rig with me to baby step through it.

The left hip does protect the gauge for those crazy cave divers. :D

I route the HP hose under my arm and clip it to my left shoulder ring. It's not any more intrusive than my back up light and it's hands free. I feel it works better than the left hip ring and it's more accommodating when slinging more than one bottle.

I have been racking my brains to work out why this is not standard. Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I'd need a much shorter HP hose or a much longer corrugated/inflator hose.

Also, while I haven't tried it, I don't think I'd like the necessary bend this routing would place on the HP hose... nor the bending it would take in use.

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2013 at 04:42 AM ----------

I use a transmitter, so no HP hose, but I don't see this as being a bad idea depending on the length of your inflator hose. I'm using a 12" hose, which puts the power inflator at about mid shoulder (In my avatar my inflator is a standard 16" or so). It gives me just enough room to orally inflate...

You raise an interesting point. Will the tendency of the HP hose to "stand proud" make it difficult to orally inflate? Especially in cold water and/or poor viz?

Something like this?

photo.jpg

Must be able to disconnect LPI quickly without delays
Must be able breath of inflator without interference of SPG

Back
Top Bottom