Interesting new hose configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume you're running SPG off right post?

thats what I was wondering? In all I may try out the SPG routing like this seems to keep it out of the way without affecting anything else

thats what I was wondering? In all I may try out the SPG routing like this seems to keep it out of the way without affecting anything else

Not sure I like the idea of running an HP hose in any configuration but "straight off the HP port" personally.

Also to pic poster - how long is that corrugated hose?

Not sure I like the idea of running an HP hose in any configuration but "straight off the HP port" personally.

It's really of no consequence. The hose is designed to be flexible and accommodate HP.

It is straight off the HP port but just routed to a different location other than the left hip (see above pic)

@RJP: Yes I run my spg of the right post. Corrugated hose length is the standard H uses, think its 12 inches.

Nothing stops you from running SPG straight of the left post. I use a slightly different setup: inflator, spg and long hose of right post; drysuit lpi, backup 2nd stage of left post. On deeper dives(300ft) I will add second wing and run disconnected lpi of the left post and sometimes second spg running over right shoulder, still in 2 minds on extra spg.

I also dive with isolator 1/4 turn open, thus quick turn to isolate if needed and the cylinders stay equalised.

Last edited:
the way I see it is that there isn't much in the way of functional advantages running the spg off either post and both posts is overkill IMHO, but if you stow the spg on your left hip, then it takes less hose to use the left post.

It is straight off the HP port but just routed to a different location other than the left hip (see above pic)

Don't see a pic with hose running straight off HP port.

Keeping the SPG on the hip leaves less clutter on the chest when slinging multiple bottles. Nothing new here, just a variation that may be useful if you don't ever bring additional bottles with you.

Alternatively it adds more clutter to the left hip ring when looking for the SPG. All I have to do is look down.

Alternatively it adds more clutter to the left hip ring when looking for the SPG. All I have to do is look down.

Assuming there isn't a bolt snap and a tank valve tangled up on it. Preference and all that, I don't think you're going to get yourself killed either way, I just don't see the advantage. The point of the SPG is to verify what you already know based on depth and time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom