Inadvertent gas switch on Shearwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put your computer on last, not first.
I put mine on before my bcd as well. Usually on the boat ride, just after donning my exposure protection. It's much harder to forget that way.

I leave it on the dry suit sleeve. Not going to forget that.
Is it attached directly to the sleeve somehow?

I leave it on the dry suit sleeve. Not going to forget that.

I dive wet as much as dry. No donning or doffing that suit with the computer already on the sleeve. And I like to keep my process the same between wet and dry as much as possible.

I put my rig on at the last minute before getting in the water. I like do do as much "prep" as I can before the last minute. So, I put my computers on as soon as I put my suit on. And take them off at some point after I've gotten my BP/W off and secured (thus, sometimes needing to reach between tanks on a boat bench while still wearing computers - if the boat is rockin', getting tanks secured is a much higher priority than taking my computers off and stowing them somewhere safe).

if you hold both of them together you will see a clear build quality difference and the size of the DSS one is much larger which makes clipping and unclipping much easier, especially in gloves.

For those having a problem reaching the Perdix buttons, I found flipping the screen so the buttons are on top made it a lot easier for me.

if you hold both of them together you will see a clear build quality difference and the size of the DSS one is much larger which makes clipping and unclipping much easier, especially in gloves.

Everything Tobin does is quality. I will be picking me up one or two of those. One for sidemount and one for my singles rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom