In praise of bicycle inner tubing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dale,

Your going to have to watch your back from now on. I've heard the Duct tape manufacturers don't take kindly to people promoting the competition, and they make the teamsters look like a bunch of pre-schoolers.

Nope, duct tape is alive and well in the commercial diving insustry, as well as bailing wire and tie wraps. I think Dale is quite safe with his little ten speed balloons. :D

Show us some pictures DD.

My first experience with tape came about 10 minutes before my first deep adventure dive for AOW. Right before the dive I put my thumb through my neoprene neck seal. I showed my instructor and he pulled out some electrical tape and covered the hole. I asked him if it would hold (40*F water) and he said "I think so".

I have to draw the line at making condom catheters out of duct tape though... even if there would be less chance of them blowing off.

Pre-historic Dive Photographers used to use them to corral the M5 flashbulb.

They were about the size of a small chicken egg and floated very well. You used the inner tube with X's punched into it and shoved the bases in when changing out the bulb.

For the kids that think they have a big strobe, these were the general equivalent to Nagasaki when you cranked off a frame of Ektachrome in your Nikonos.

I really thought they were of no further use after electronic strobes were introduced- until I met Freda- that frisky Swedish Divemistress.

But later, she switched to Velcro and Fastex buckles.

I have to draw the line at making condom catheters out of duct tape though... even if there would be less chance of them blowing off.

Wuss.

Oh Sas. You first. No need to wax after that... ever!

With the amount of glue required for female caths, duct tape would probably be less drama :rofl3:

:blush::shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom