For Sale COMPLETE Diving Gear Set - Dry and Wet (Nitrox/Air)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Where do I start...

I am 5' - 9" and I weigh 180 pounds. All the gear fits me perfectly. I live in the Columbus, OH area.

I thoroughly clean and rinse my equipment after each use. I get my equipment 'tuned' before each season by professionals. This equipment has never been in salt water.

COMPLETE diving package. I stopped adding up the cost of my gear at $3500 but I didn't stop buying.

I WILL NOT BREAK UP THE SET

*** Click here to see 92 additional images ***

The ABCs – Air, BCD, and Computer

2 - OMS 90 CF w/Mirrored valves for ease of setting up as dual cylinder system (Nitrox/O2 cleaned)

1 - Catalina 30 CF Pony Bottle w/valve

1 - Cetacea - Pony Bottle Tamer w/mounting hardware (already mounted on all three tanks)

2 - Aluminum 80 CF stock dive cylinders’ w/valves (not pictured) – I used them for staging bottle for our dive team, hung them at 15’ (air, not Nitrox/O2 cleaned)

1 - Scuba Tech Diving Stainless Steel Twin Double Tank Mounting Bands - Pair

1 - Mares Surveyor Nitrox/Air Mission Dive Computer (mint condition user’s manual, all hoses included) – Thorough description is at the bottom of the list.

2 - Sherwood Stainless Steel first stages

2 - Sherwood Blizzard Cold Water Regulators w/hose and new mouthpieces (perfect for the Great Lakes)

Note: One Blizzard serves as primary and second serves as Pony tank rescue regulator.

1 - Sherwood Octopus (secondary) regulator w/hose and new mouthpiece

1 - Genesis Recon BCD w/retractable light, (2) regulator mouthpiece holders (one for pony bottle regulator, one for the secondary regulator) – Size: Large (I’m 5’ – 9”, #180)

Back Inflation. Easy grab-and-release CQR weight pockets. These work in one smooth motion, making it simple to hand weights over at the end of a dive, or to quickly ditch them in an emergency. Unique rear-attachment buckles: When diving, weights are suspended from the back of the BC downward for a more comfortable, stable dive.

Weight integrated (2) releasing 13 lbs. pockets – (2) non-releasing (2) lbs. pockets. 1050 denier ballistic nylon construction. Adjustable "bolt-on" cummerbund. Thermo-form, adjustable "bolt-on" shoulders. Adjustable, removable sternum strap. Dual cam-lock tank straps. 8 welded stainless steel D-rings. Aircell retracting cords. Exclusive Genesis MiniPak for cylinder mounting. Easily replaceable internal bladder. Adjustable tank locator strap. Rapid exhaust dump valve. Rear pull dump. 2 clips for AKONA QuickClip system. Unique Front drop down cummerbund pocket.

• Integrated Weight System - 40 lb. capacity
  • State of the Art Weight Release System (quick release buckles with-out Velcro)
  • Back Inflation
  • 1050 Denier Ballistic Material
  • Adjustable Sternum Strap
  • (8) Stainless Steel D-rings
  • Quick Release Shoulder Straps
  • Unique Large Center Hidden Front Pocket
  • (2) Retractable gear hangers (I used one for light and other for dive computer, hanger located on cummerbund – I never let the computer dangle)
OUTERWEAR – Dry, Cold, and Warm

1 - O'Neill Dry Suit (worn 4 times)

1 - O'Neill Dry/Wet SCUBA diving hood

1 - Akona Gear SCUBA gloves (1 pair)

1 - Deep Sea SCUBA boots (7mm)

1 - DiveSkins full 2mm dive skin (keeps the chill off in warmer water)

1 - Mares Plana Avanti Quattro Scuba Fins (pair) – Size: Regular (8-13)

2 – 2.5-pound ankle weights with quick-clicks for ease of use (used to help tune buoyancy in dry suit)

STORAGE

1 - Contico Pro Tuff Bin features molded-in hasps for added security: Measures 38.5” x 22.75” x 20.75”, Latching/locking lid, Rugged structural foam construction, w/wheels – All gear fits except tanks, with room to spare.

1 – Akona Mesh Gear Bag – Size: 42” long x 24’ish inch diameter. The bottom is durable plastic but the top is rugged mesh to let your equipment breath.

MISCELLANEOUS HARDWARE

1 - Dive Rite 50 lb. Lift Bag for Scuba Diving/Snorkeling Underwater Recovery w/pouch and mounting clip

1 - Rescue whistle (on BCD)

1 - Writing tablet and pencil w/rubber hose retainer

1 - Dive Rite Cavern/Wreck/Safety Reel w/o Drag, 140' - #24 Line w/2 swivel clips

1 - Princeton Tec Shockwave Handheld Dive Light w/wrist strap)

1 - Dive Rescue Pouch (Signal mirror, 36” bright orange inflatable signal tube, 15’ safety cord (decom depth) w/Velcro straps on each end, chem light, black nylon mesh pouch)

1 – Sherwood dive light (mounted to BCD using retractable clip)

1 – Location/Rescue Strobe with (3) interchangeable lenses (blue, green, and red), mounts using strong magnet of large safety-pin type clip through soft material.

3 – Dive masks, one wearable and the other two are good for salvage parts.

12 – Quick-clear snorkel. Good for parts or backup.

1 – Save-a-Dive Kit: Clear plastic container with adjustable dividers, 3 backup face mask straps, backup low pressure hose, cleaners, ant-fog spray/liquid, and a variety of clips.

About the Dive Computer

There is a little wear on the protective casing where it was rubbing on my BCD (can see in pictures). Otherwise it is in perfect condition. I stored in cushioned case (provided with sale, shown in pictures) inside a rugged dive box in a climate controlled garage.

The Surveyor is a compact, elegant and easy to use computer from Mares. All its functions are accessed by means of two mechanical push-buttons (Mares patent). It is powered by an ordinary 1.5 Volt AAA alkaline battery, which can be easily obtained and replaced. Although the instrument dimensions are compact, the display is clear and legible even in conditions of poor light thanks to the backlight feature.

Surveyor: the result of years of research for unparalleled performance and maximum safety. Surveyor uses a modified Haldanean-type algorithm, and its comprehensive functional capabilities enable it to manage every type of dive perfectly. In addition to incorporating all the functions of the leading dive computers, Surveyor also offers many additional advanced features.

Traditional dive functions - Nitrox/Air
  • Current depth / maximum depth achieved (on request)
  • Dive time
  • Remaining no-stop time at the current depth (no dec)
  • Decompression stop times
  • Total time to surface
  • Water temperature
  • Speed of ascent (expressed as a percentage of the maximum allowable ascent rate)
Surface Functions
  • Surface time
  • Log-book facility for storing 50 dives in memory
  • Profiles of the last 20 dives, at 20-seconds intervals
  • Desaturation time display (desat)
  • Time-to-fly (no fly)
  • Calendar clock
  • Air temperature
  • Self-check
  • Scrolling of no-stop times for planning repetitive dives
  • Dive simulator
Alarms
  • No decompression limit reached
  • Excessively fast ascent
  • Omitted decompression stop
  • Low battery
Special functions
  • PC interface with a facility for printing out the log-book and the profile of each dive (optional)
  • Changing the units of measurement (m/feet - °C/°F)
  • 4 manually selectable altitude programs
  • History of total number of dives
  • History of deepest dive logged
  • History of coldest dive logged
  • History of total dive hours
  • Display backlight, timed or permanently illuminated (using push-button controls)
  • No loss of memory during battery change
  • Percent ascent rate indicator
  • Function for clearing residual nitrogen memory
  • Function for disabling audible alarms
  • Fresh water / seawater setting (default fresh)
  • Function for disabling 'uncontrolled ascent' feature
  • Recording of dive errors in memory
  • Underwater behavior analysis (u.b.a.) signal marks display
Other characteristics
  • Display protected by scratch-resistant mineral glass
  • Two push-buttons for selecting functions (Mares patent)