Closet Cleanout: Atomic and Apeks regs, random Halcyon wings and gear, lots of stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but I just wanted to point out that I know Austin and how he takes care of his gear. all of his equipment he keeps in excellent condition and current on all maintenance. If I didn't have enough of my own gear, I would definitely be buying some of his.

I purchased a lift bag from Austin and the process went very smoothly. After an exchange of a few PMs I sent him the cost of the bag & shipping via PayPal. Within a day he had a USPS parcel tracking number. I received the bag and it was just as good as it was described.

Thank Austin...pleasure doing business with you.

~Oldbear~
:yeahbaby:

Thanks much, guys.

Updated version of what's left:

Wings/BCDs: all these hold air hard overnight; any patches/alterations are discussed below. Wings will go to fleaBay soon, because I want them out of my house.

• Halcyon Evolve 40, like new condition, but has had two extra grommets installed inline with and about 2" below the standard grommets, for mounting to a rEvo rebreather. I've found I prefer an Explorer for the ass-heavy rEvo. $200 OBO

• Halcyon 18lb Batwing with the Recycle logo, no cam slots or integrated STA, but will come with the Oxycheq mini STA I bought for it. No holes or patches, but I did find a small area north of the OPV that was slllooooly bubbling...it would lose a bit of gas overnight, which annoyed me even though it didn't affect the wing's function. That area now has a decent coating of aquaseal worked into the fabric on each side. I like it a lot, but I've decided I like my Pioneer 27 better. $145 OBO

• Halcyon Eclipse 40, in good shape but outer bag has two nickle-sized patches on it from what looks like a puncture, and the bladder is likewise patched in two small places. No leaks, seems solid to me (wasn't my patch job) but if patches put you off, not the wing for you. $115 OBO

Lights: will include fresh batteries and caveline-tied bolt snaps

• Light Monkey 3W LED backup light, great light but longer than my Gulftex PTs. $85
Other:

• Thermo 200bar H-valve piece, with yoke insert. $35
  • Dive Rite H-valve, complete, with yoke inserts. $65

Local Sale Items Only: I have some things that may be of interest to people located on Oahu, but short of you really wanting them, I don't plan to ship these.

*2xsets of Highland 8" diameter double tanks bands...the wider 3" version, with hardware. $30 per set local; $45 per set shipped

*1xhot dip galv Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Great little tank, recent hydro but needs viz. Same deal as the 130s, happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior condition. $180 with viz, $160 without.

*1xcold galv sprayed Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Nice tank, ugly finish! Recent hydro, needs viz and happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior. I stripped all the ugly blue marine epoxy off it only to find it wasn't hot-dipped in galv. Have given it lots of time and attention with surface prep and cold galv spray, but it's still scratch prone...then again, the galv is working and it's not really rusting at the scratches. $100 with viz, $80 without

Thanks much, guys.

Updated version of what's left:

Wings/BCDs: all these hold air hard overnight; any patches/alterations are discussed below. Wings will go to fleaBay soon, because I want them out of my house.

• Halcyon Evolve 40, like new condition, but has had two extra grommets installed inline with and about 2" below the standard grommets, for mounting to a rEvo rebreather. I've found I prefer an Explorer for the ass-heavy rEvo. $200 OBO
  • Halcyon 18lb Batwing with the Recycle logo, no cam slots or integrated STA, but will come with the Oxycheq mini STA I bought for it. No holes or patches, but I did find a small area north of the OPV that was slllooooly bubbling...it would lose a bit of gas overnight, which annoyed me even though it didn't affect the wing's function. That area now has a decent coating of aquaseal worked into the fabric on each side. I like it a lot, but I've decided I like my Pioneer 27 better. $145 OBO
  • Halcyon Eclipse 40, in good shape but outer bag has two nickle-sized patches on it from what looks like a puncture, and the bladder is likewise patched in two small places. No leaks, seems solid to me (wasn't my patch job) but if patches put you off, not the wing for you. $115 OBO

Lights: will include fresh batteries and caveline-tied bolt snaps

• Light Monkey 3W LED backup light, great light but longer than my Gulftex PTs. $85
Other:

• Thermo 200bar H-valve piece, with yoke insert. $35
  • Dive Rite H-valve, complete, with yoke inserts. $65

Local Sale Items Only: I have some things that may be of interest to people located on Oahu, but short of you really wanting them, I don't plan to ship these.

*2xsets of Highland 8" diameter double tanks bands...the wider 3" version, with hardware. $30 per set local; $45 per set shipped

*1xhot dip galv Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Great little tank, recent hydro but needs viz. Same deal as the 130s, happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior condition. $180 with viz, $160 without.

*1xcold galv sprayed Genesis 3500psi HP100 tank, with boot and angled Genesis 300bar DIN valve. Nice tank, ugly finish! Recent hydro, needs viz and happy to have it done before sale to confirm tank's solid interior. I stripped all the ugly blue marine epoxy off it only to find it wasn't hot-dipped in galv. Have given it lots of time and attention with surface prep and cold galv spray, but it's still scratch prone...then again, the galv is working and it's not really rusting at the scratches. $100 with viz, $80 without
I'll take the eclipse 40 wing if you still have it. Thanks Bill

You resurrected a 9 year old thread. The OP hasn’t been logged on SB since 2015!
Oops, guess I was down the rabbit hole when I came across the post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom