I wonder how deep this is and what it contains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Expect any information provided by locals to be greatly exaggerated. I lost track of the number of dives I've done in places that were "over 100 feet deep and full of stolen cars" that turned out to be 15 feet deep and full of nothing but beer cans. It's still fun to be an explorer though. You could always confirm the tall-tails or even take them up a notch. :wink:

-Ben

Dixie Sands:
Cut a hole in the ice and get in.:eyebrow:

:rofl3:

A few years ago a group of us did that and found that the water underneath the ice was in fact only a few feet deep. We had to swim to deeper water.

You should rent 'The Ring' first. If after watching that you still wanna go down there, go for it!

Spady:
You should rent 'The Ring' first. If after watching that you still wanna go down there, go for it!

I am not a fan of horror. I suspect, considering it is surrounded by trees, that the bottom is rotting leaves and branches with perhaps a few skeletons of animals unfortunate enough to fall in and drown.

I feel a Contest of types would be good for this thread.

Guess the Depth of the Green_Manelishi Hole.

I'll provide a small prize from our PawnShop. (I'll pay for Postage). GM can administer the Contest.

What do you think GM?

CatalinaCanuck:
I feel a Contest of types would be good for this thread.

Guess the Depth of the Green_Manelishi Hole.

I'll provide a small prize from our PawnShop. (I'll pay for Postage). GM can administer the Contest.

What do you think GM?

I think I'd prefer a different name from "Guess the Depth of the Green Manelishi Hole" but I am cool with the idea of SBers guessing how deep they believe the cistern to be.
Let's be clear though I am waiting until the ice thaws before I try and measure the depth. I am not stepping down into that pit onto ice of unknown thickness with God only knows what underneath.

Green_Manelishi:
I think I'd prefer a different name from "Guess the Depth of the Green Manelishi Hole"

how about "Guess the Depth of the Green Manelishi Entrapment and Entanglement Orifice"?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom