I wonder how deep this is and what it contains?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CatalinaCanuck:
Try a weighted line first(asumming it's staight down).

i'd probably drop in a couple of fragmentation granades in there first ... make sure any possible biological threats are neutralized ...

a crucifix and garlic could be helpful too

Any way to simply use a plumb line and plumb it for depth. Actually if the ice is thick you can drill a hole and drop in a line with a weight on it. If you had a 50 ft pole of some sort ?

Fish_Whisperer:
Could you imagine if it was some huge cave complex, hundreds of feet deep, and you ended up needing serious trimix, doubles, deco gas, etc? Kind of spooky....

I can imagine a lot but I think I'll probably find it's not very deep and it's a mud hole. But I am keen to find out.

H2Andy:
i'd probably drop in a couple of fragmentation granades in there first ... make sure any possible biological threats are neutralized ...

a crucifix and garlic could be helpful too

I think an explosion would have an adverse effect on visibility.

Green_Manelishi:

"adverse effect" sounds like PC bleeding-heart liberal double talk to me ...

:eyebrow:

Green_Manelishi:

I agree! If you need any help I'm up for it. Probably too far away for me but send me plane fare and I'll dive it with you. I'm still working on getting pics of the buckle in use BTW. Nobody had a camera at the lake New Year's Day when we dove. At least one that worked anyway. Jim

Back
Top Bottom