I told you it was all over. This is the proof.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don, reading that is very disappointing. Its sounding like Disney World.

Hey, any transport that takes them off of Roatan and onto some private island I wasn't going to anyway is fine with me. The cruise ships are coming anyway. So the more of these type of setups, the less people that will be hanging around the west end for example.

Unreal.

Just got back from Playa del Carmen. Looking across at Coz one day there were 6 cruise ships we could see docked. They ran a special ferry across to Playa for the pod people who wanted to come over - they docked on the old north pier which I thought wasn't used any longer. We weren't allowed to walk out on it but they're using it for a special ferry run. Again, unreal.

Hey, any transport that takes them off of Roatan and onto some private island I wasn't going to anyway is fine with me. The cruise ships are coming anyway. So the more of these type of setups, the less people that will be hanging around the west end for example.
I think it will just attract more barges. They are notorious for dumping, running over reefs, etc. and the hordes of people that they turn lose in town...!
Unreal.

Just got back from Playa del Carmen. Looking across at Coz one day there were 6 cruise ships we could see docked. They ran a special ferry across to Playa for the pod people who wanted to come over - they docked on the old north pier which I thought wasn't used any longer. We weren't allowed to walk out on it but they're using it for a special ferry run. Again, unreal.
They pull a Coz-PDC ferry out of service to haul them on those runs. That's why you cannot count on schedules.

Yeah, it's just the downward spiral - I know.

Its incredible that one mans folly makes so many people believe the end of the world is nigh, get a grip people.

Right you are, Will. I hope everyone reads what I wrote in the original post. These words were carefully chosen for precision.....

Roatan (one of the Bay Islands of Utila and Guanaja) is still arguably the best diving to be had in the Mar Caribe off of an island that is relatively easy to travel to for a one week stay. Go now, it's changing as you sit at home undecided as to where to go next.

See it now.

It's not like it was in 1980 or even last year, but Roatan is still my top pick.

I agree with RoatanMan. What a shame. On my first visit to Roatan they had no lights on the runway, no paved roads and only a handful of dive operations. I hated to see cruise ports at all. Right now you can still get away from all this nonsense by staying at many of the all inclusives and just staying put for the week. Liveaboards also reduce your exposure. The east end is still the least developed and we can only hope it takes a very long time before this kind of thing makes it there but I know developers are looking at the huge tracts of land up that way too. We can only hope that all this crap is somehow benefiting the local people with a few jobs. I think I'll just skip Roatan for a while and try Utila agan or the Aggressor.

If somebody on Roatan wants a nice little business, you might think about selling advertising on those chair lifts. Get ahold of the owner and strike a deal to install these on each chair, then sell the advertising space to local tourist businesses that would benefit from cruise ship passengers having to stair at the advertisement in front of them for the duration of the ride.

tubeexample.gif

airnz_1.jpg

How to install

Don't say I never did anything for you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom