I now pronounce you plantiff and defendant.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the going to do a dive trip honeymoon? Paying for a day on the boat is good.

A Family membership in DAN.

Matching Jackets from Padi/ SDI/ Favorite Dive Shop/ Equipment manufacturer.

I'm thinking a bailout bottle may be a good idea? :D

downdeep...lol

i know you are thinking about what happens after marriage.

Nope. That is BEFORE the marriage. Once you get married, them there days are OVER........

How about a matching his/her hot pink AL80's.

My parents recently tried to buy me something dive-related for my birthday. They even went to my LDS and asked the shop for help. The guys at the shop tried to come up with something and ended up saying that they couldn't think of anything they had that I didn't already have. Honestly, I can't think of anything reasonable that I want but don't have. (If I were among rich people, a doubles rig would be a nice idea, but it's got too many zeroes for our social class.)

My parents bought something anyway. When they gave me the present, before I'd even opened it, they said I probably already had it, and that the shop said I don't even need a receipt to bring it back for credit. They just wanted to give me something tangible, even if only as a placeholder. Turns out, I already had their gift idea covered in spades, so I have a small store credit now.

For a fairly new diving couple getting married, there are all sorts of possibilities. If they're more seasoned, the only diving options are trips (in whole or part), consumables (fill cards and such), and diving-related gifts (art and so forth).

I'd love to do a "pay for our trip to Bonaire" thing when the opportunity eventually arises, but people tend to spend more on a gift than they'd give cashwise. Hmm... registering only at places that have liberal return-for-cash policies, then? :biggrin: Or even better, take the remaining unreturned gifts and have a special eBay sale, so people can contribute to the trip *and* get a lovely thank-you gift. :wink: (Unless it's some really nice All-Clad stainless. I can never get enough of that -- I'm a kitchen nut, too.)

reasonably priced uw camera perhaps

I think rawls has the best suggestion.

Avoid anything that requires a small, medium or large. Trying to size other people without having them there to try the item on will drive you nuts.

Things that divers always neeed but never really think about are towels, little dry boxes for your stuff, a dry bag for boat trips, luggage or equipment tags and persoalized mats for beach diving. DAN and PADI both sell equipment mats for a resonable price.

Think hard. It'll come to you.

How about dive skins - one with a tuxedo design and the other in wedding dress white. Veil and train might get in the way, though.

The train should be looped under the sash and then up and around the neck. (Assuming it's a proper 7' train that is) :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom