I do not agree with, "Dive and Let Dive."

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For reference:

"Enlightenment" to me was nothing more than getting a decent non-silting kick to go with my buoyancy.

Back when I cared about videography I took this: Vimeo (Password is SB). Now, all my experiences are in my head.

I guess that too is a solo thing...

For reference:
You learn something every day! I've heard of kooks, bumblies, and gumbies from my surfing and climbing days, but was today years old when I learned about strokes.

You learn something every day! I've heard of kooks, bumblies, and gumbies from my surfing and climbing days, but was today years old when I learned about strokes.
:) See how ScubaBoard makes your life better?

About the original topic, I see this sentence mostly used when people have different philosophies, not when someone is doing things that are obviously unsafe.

(One could argue that some practices are suboptimal or more unsafe I guess)

Who said that? It is just one way to achieve enlightenment. The point is to learn how to do it., not to get a card. When you see how some people dive solo, it is easy to think that they are just winging it.
The agencies that certify such training....SDI and PADI.
Like I said, just playing devil's advocate.

I see plenty of students walking into the water at the local quarry looking an absolute cluster. Second stages and console all hanging down their back. Often tanks are very loose in camband and slipping. I don’t say a word. I just sit back and laugh to myself at the mess. If instructors can’t be bothered to make sure their students are squared away before they get in the water, the instructors get to be the ones to deal with the issues.

I don’t say thing now. I used to if I saw a tank slipping, but not now. I’ve gotten too much attitude back.

The people watching at the Midwest quarries is excellent. Maybe only airports are better.
Boat ramps are up there!

As long as i don't harm the environment or anyone else, ill do what ever the heck i want, thank you.

If i kill myself for being an idiot or reckless that is my problem and my problem alone.

Im not anyone's parent, nor are you mine. I don't need the diving community to look over my shoulder like an overly concerned mother.

If you walk up to someone and start yapping about stuff like this you can expect to be told off.

Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom