I didn't hear the pager but my wife did.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It seems to never fail, that when I’m dead tired things go to poo.

I had gone to bed at 11pm after being up for around 38 hours. I don’t remember my head hitting the pillow.

At 0202 the wife wakes me up. Honey the pager is going off. That’s nice. Honey it’s a dive. #@$%^, get up, lift the lid ;^), brush teeth and read the page. “MVA RESPOND TO HAUSER LAKE BOAT LAUNCH…UNK HOW MANY OCC IF ANY. VEH SUBMERGED IN 5 TO 6 FEET OF WATER AT THE MAIN BOAT LAUNCH. 0202AM”. It's an easy trick when you get used to doing it.

Throw on a swimsuit, T-shirt and grab the portable radio and shoes going out the door. In the car and enroute at 0204.

It’s raining hard enough to be flowing off the roads in sheets. That kept speeds to the high 60’s and real slow around corners making for a little longer response time.

I get on scene at 0214, the fourth diver in line. Three were either on duty or just getting off. The rest of us responded from home. Two were already in the water searching when I arrived. I take another section and within 30 minutes we are sure the area is clear. While we are diving 2 patrol units are checking the 3 local bars.

Sure enough, drunk leaves bar, turns left instead of going straight at the fire department and not paying any attention to the half a dozen speed bumps, drives straight into the lake.

Then as drunks will do, go back to the bar and not tell anyone. So later some innocent bystander sees the submerged vehicle, freaks out and calls 911.

Drunk is now drying out in more ways than one in our cooler, the Brown Bar Hotel.

The boat ramp in in the center of this pic. going due north from the south label. The bar is near the upper left corner.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=11&Z=11&X=1246&Y=13226&W=1

20 minute dive, 12’, vis as around 10’ which is good for that little lake, temp 79df.

Now that I have unwound, I’m going back to bed.

Gary D.

Chuck Tribolet:
Didn't anybody at the bar wonder why he was kinda soggy?

I don't know about you but I've stepped in many a toilet and peed in my shoes when I was drunk, noone will notice a soggy drunk. That usually just means their mouth isn't big enough to hold everything in, it's the ones that are on fire you have to watch out for.

Drunks, drunks, drunks... What is it about Hauser Lake? If I was a cop lookin' to grab DUIs, I'd hang out on HWY 53 a lot.

Rick Inman:
Drunks, drunks, drunks... What is it about Hauser Lake? If I was a cop lookin' to grab DUIs, I'd hang out on HWY 53 a lot.
We do. But we have to fight ISP over them. hehehe

I just got more info on this one and it's funny.

Turns out our lying drunk was telling us the truth when he said he wasn't driving. Yeah right, where have I heard that before? I'll post it later after I see the report. Everyone is laughing about it and one of the guys is bringing me a copy of the Rookies report.

It involves half of two married couples. I think you might be getting an idea at this point.

Gary D.

Chuck Tribolet:
Didn't anybody at the bar wonder why he was kinda soggy?

He prob walked in and announced to everyone that his car was just driven into the lake. After everyone cheered and laughed, I'm sure someone bought him a drink for it.

OK, Here goes.

Bartender in a local bar, about 7 miles north of the accident site, sees this half poo-faced guy that turns her on like a Chippendale.

The bar is quiet so the two decide to go for a ride in his trusty steed, a typical North Idaho S-10 Blazer, bale of hay in the back, uneaten food from the past year and all his dirty laundry.

He’s drunk so she drives. Not wanting to get caught by her husband or his wife they head for Hauser.

He wants a pre play drink so she takes him to one of the three local bars. He goes in, slams a couple and comes out to one very horny, very naked, not very good looking (sober) woman.

Not wanting to do the wild thing in the remote parking lot they drive off. Remember how hard I said it was raining? She won’t forget either.

The path we thought they took to the boat ramp was right. But now the combination of being Very Blonde and having a one tract mind took over.

The water was deep on the roadway and flowing off. She thought he speed bumps were potholes and when the water got deep she floored it to make it through the puddle which happened to be a fricken lake.

She was in the park very, very naked, still horny watching us do the dive and vehicle recovery. As cool as it was we are surprised she didn’t call for help.

He must have figured he was really screwed and just went back to the bar. As far as being wet, it was raining so hard he just looked normal.

We don’t have a clue as to what she told her husband but she’s still alive. I guess it was just another normal night for him.

Job security at it’s max. There is no way I can retire and miss all this stuff. I just never get tired of laughing at some very stupid survivors, and get paid to do it. hehehehehe

Gary D.

Does that mean he did or didn't get off? :wink:

Would be interesting to know if he even remembered who the woman was to report her to the rookie.

Hmph. More Darwin awards looking for a place to happen ...

Gary,

Your stories are just too funny to be made up. I would have loved to have been off to the side watching her, watching you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom