Trip Report El Cantil + Tres Pelicanos (3Ps) => Perfection!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was that the Jorge, the Cubano who was with Blue Angel for so many years? Is he back with Tres Pelicanos?

If so, he is my all time favorite Cozumel DM.
It’s a different George/Jorge. Jorge, also known as Cubano, who is the triathlete is still with Punta Sur Divers.

It’s a different George/Jorge. Jorge, also known as Cubano, who is the triathlete is still with Punta Sur Divers.
His bio on the Punta Sur website said his last gig was with Tres Pelicanos. If it's the same Jorge, I think his picture on the website was taken in the 1980's.

Was that the Jorge, the Cubano who was with Blue Angel for so many years? Is he back with Tres Pelicanos?
Cubano has his own shop, Punta Sur Divers. Tres Pelicanos has a different Jorge (Meet the Tres Pelicanos Team - Tres Pelicanos Dive Center) who is a very nice guy and great to dive with (and so is Jose, their other DM).

His bio on the Punta Sur website said his last gig was with Tres Pelicanos. If it's the same Jorge, I think his picture on the website was taken in the 1980's.
Well it does say under the photo “Cubano a few years ago”. I think 80’s is stretching it a bit. I wasn't diving in the 80’s and this is a familiar look to me. I’m a Jorge fan.

Well it does say under the photo “Cubano a few years ago”. I think 80’s is stretching it a bit. I wasn't diving in the 80’s and this is a familiar look to me. I’m a Jorge fan.

The Jorge I dove with on my last dive with 3P had 80% gray hair. That was probably four years ago.

This Jorge. now known as Cubano at Punta Sur divers, I met when he DMed at Blue Angel. I last dived with him at 3Ps several years ago.

1646670407814.jpeg

This Jorge now at 3Ps I don't recognize, but that could be my poor memory. I would not think of him as an athelete.

1646670422930.jpeg

Thanks for the great write-up and pics, @sinistar!
I had contemplated renting this many times before but usually didn't need the space or room count.
Same here but usually I'm traveling and diving solo, so I couldn't justify the $$$. Now, if I win the lottery...
I turned on the TV on our last night and Pulp Fiction was playing, forgot how good it was and watched it all.
Love love love this movie. One of my faves, especially the soundtrack.

Jorge (Cubano) has his own operation now. Punta Sur Divers. He bought one of Blue XT Sea's boats when Christi closed down her shop.

Thank you for sharing your report! Really appreciated all the pictures too! Happy continued diving with your daughter....she's a blessed young lady to already be a COZ-A-HOL-IC at her age diving!!! I didn't find the island diving until I was 35!!!!

This Jorge. now known as Cubano at Punta Sur divers, I met when he DMed at Blue Angel. I last dived with him at 3Ps several years ago.

View attachment 710842

This Jorge now at 3Ps I don't recognize, but that could be my poor memory. I would not think of him as an athelete.

View attachment 710843

The second pic is definitely not the same Jorge that was a triathelite/divemaster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom