I am an experienced....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I put myself through college as a mechanic and manager of a gas station/tire store. After receiving my degree in Electrical Engineering I worked for Chrysler in their Military Electronics Division. I have worked at the same place for 28 years; although, the have changed their name and ownership at least five time. I have designed test equipment and various electronics subsystems for Bradley Fighting Vehicles, M1 Abrams tanks, MRAP vehicles, Marine Personnel Carrier and a host of other military systems. I have worked as a design engineer, Project Engineer, Systems Engineer and Product Manager. I am current a Senior Program Manager responsible for Organizational Level Test Equipment for aircraft. I am known as an innovator and a problem solver.

I have two grown children (boy and girl) and a wife of 30 years. My wife says I have way too many hobbies, including (but not limited to) woodworking, photography, smoking ribs, rebuilding an antique car and I recently returned to Scuba diving. My wife barely even swims but loves my latest hobby because of the venues.

Oh, and when I'm not diving I spend a lot of time driving my BMW Z4 Roadster, with the top down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

I am awesome at operating and maintaining a shipboard nuclear reactor. There is very little call for that, unfortunately

When it comes to shipping hazardous/radioactive waste across the nations highways, at one time there was no one better. That was a long time ago

I am a great boat handler, as long as I have 2 propellers. With one propeller, not so much.....

I've worked a number of jobs and do quite a bit of independent contracting. Some jobs I've been good at, some I've really sucked.

I do health code enforcement at restaurants, commercial swimming pools, and body art facilities. I love to cook. I am learning how to smoke meats and have gotten deeper into processing my own deer and pigs. My friends still come eat at my place, so I guess I haven't screwed anything up too badly.

I am a beer snob and a rum snob.

A retired Band teacher, I started playing clarinet in 4th grade (1964) and joined the musician's union age 19. Two performance degrees and many gigs later, I still play professionally each summer in the NYC area with two concert bands and am Principal Clarinet with the Westchester Band for it's 7 week concert schedule. I get to frequently appear as a soloist and can be heard on Youtube playing Artie Shaw's Clarinet Concerto. I have occasionally "played at" jazz and enjoy trying to do my best with that as it's not my training and is a challenge. Recently I joined Rusty Hammerstrom's Banjorama band while snowbirding in Destin, FL-- but no pay there, which is OK by me as it's not my specialty. We play at a club that used to be called "Yesterday's", in referrence to geezers like us. Then I go dive.

I'm a mathematician. Spent a few years teaching then 20+ years figuring out how to route phone calls on fiber-optic networks. If anyone has a problem understanding the travelling salesman problem, I'm your guy. Trust me, diving is much more exciting.

Forensic acc't, economist and pilot [learned in the military]......My wife says I'm a pretty good 'grumpy old man' too :O !!!!!!

High School history teacher, polar book collector (3000 titles), membership chair of the American Polar Society and occasional guest lecturer on cruise ships to the Antarctic Peninsula.

I am a Shirpa, really. I point friends to the one who can help people climb their personal and relational mountains. I walk with them through the difficult parts of the journey. I celebrate with them at births, weddings, funerals, and at every moment in between, and I help my friends carry their loads until they let them go... Scuba is new to me... I'm looking forward to being weightless and to witness the incredible beauty of the underwater world...

I'll bet I win for diversity. I own a shop where we fix everything from shopping carts to semi-tractors. We have rental houses, property for sale, cherry and pear orchard and we do tree pruning and removal. I have an electrical contractors license that I primarily use to troubleshoot and repair peoples problems. I used to do quite a bit of machine control programming and design. We sell used cars and tires, including farm tires, have several tow trucks and I do a little locksmithing. We sell chainsaws and farm equipment parts and do a little lathe and mill work as well as some welding and fabricating. Oh, and I make and sell pens. Sometimes suppliers ask just what it is we do. I tell them we don't fix airplanes, at least not yet. Its a small town.

Compared to BRTs post, I do nothing!

My background is in Product Development but I'm currently managing a manufacture/distributor company that sells kitchen and bath goods to big box stores (Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, etc). I'm also addicted to brewing beer & wine.

Back
Top Bottom