I am an experienced....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm very curious about the life experiences of other scubaboard members outside of diving:

This thread is designed to let us know what you're good at... what your talents are (outside of diving):

I'll start

- I'm an experienced musician. I played trumpet in a jazz band. I've made an album and I've played in Disneyland in the main concourse. (this is not what I do for work). The last 10 years I've learned how to play the piano and I now play only in my living-room for the enjoyment of myself and (I hope!?!?) my family/closest friends. Ultimately my introverted nature makes it impossible for me to do anything more.

- I'm an experienced project manager (this is what I do for work). I've run projects from the 200k to the 30mil bandwidth with the biggest being a sub-project in a build from 1.75 billion. I've been doing this for 20 years. Again my introverted nature makes it impossible for me to spread my wings any wider. My proudest moments in my career have been when our project has done something unique. I used to work in finance (banking, insurance) but I'd rather put a bullet in my head than ever work in that sector again... These days I work in the rail/public-transport sector and I do things that actually matter (as opposed to when I worked in banking). I love my job.

Ok... who is next?

R..

I'm not going next. I do have one question though?

Who is Beanojones?

I know who Peter Guy is and TSandM, Andy (DevonDiver), String (I've met a few times), Jim Lapenta and Boulder John. But Beano is a mystery.

Can you tell it's friday? :D

I am a Product Designer

I was once Senior Designer for Buck Knives. Designing Hunting, Camping, Everyday knives.
I was then Senior Designer at Fossil Watches. I designed watches for Michael Kors, Armani, DKNY, Fossil, Adidas and some others.
Then I was Design Manager at Movado. I designed watches for Lacoste and I designed the Movado Bold Watches.

Currently I am a design consultant. I am on contract with another large watch manufacturer. I'm always looking for projects to get involved in. Eventually I will design a dive watch.

Other than that I like to draw - I am taking an underwater Archaeology course so maybe I can combine drawing and diving.

I am a experienced IT Systems Engineer. I am also an experienced Photographer (Above Water! Had a studio for about ten years in the 80's) but I prefer bugs and landscapes to people any day. I am also a darn good cook!

Employee benefits consultant, duck and deer hunter, father of 2 little ones!

I am a manager of a systems engineering team as well as the senior systems engineer, storage and network engineer

"Semi-retired". Managed the environmental services sector of an engineering firm based in Western Canada.

Since retiring I still do a little bit of consulting work for them, mostly report reviews, and teach scuba diving.

Among my peers in the shrimp producing world I'm considered to be one of the baddest ass :D production people there is. The hatchery I'm running now is, and has been the highest (per unit volume) producer in the world for the last 3 years running...and getting better all the time. I get job offers to increase production in farms and hatcheries a few times a year. But I'm tired of moving around. I'm staying in Belize unless I HAVE to leave.

I play guitar but I'm not very good. I enjoy it a lot though.

I finished 2nd in a state arm wrestling contest in Hawaii back in 1981 or so (170 lb division).

Dear Ol' Mom murdered Dear Ol' Dad when I was 7, so from that I gained a unique insight into the Texas criminal justice system and the Texas foster home system. Both were/are broken. I was homeless by 15 and a soldier in the US Army at 17. I've spent the last 27 years climbing the law enforcement food chain, going from county jailer to supervisory federal agent only to realize the view from the top sucks. The three greatest things in my life are my lovely wifey of 25 years, my daughters and discovering the life affirming joy of scuba diving.

I'm bad at math, I'm uncoordinated, and I hate beets. I'm a good dive buddy, I never take myself too seriously and I'm really nice to my dog and my wife...in that order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom