I am an experienced....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

World citizen. I've lived and worked long enough in six countries on four continents to have driver's licences from all of them. I believe this has made me extremely resilient, notably open to change/growth, and uncommonly well-traveled.

Until quite recently I was involved in international education as a teacher educator and methodologist. I'm an expert mentor and mentor trainer. I am an experienced public speaker having delivered scores of lectures, led dozens of workshops, and conducted countless demonstrations in too many countries to list at professional conferences. I'm an excellent writer (especially when I make an effort), and I've published close to 40 titles under internationally respected imprints. I'm a very experienced organizational leader with decades of experience in leadership roles in a prominent worldwide non-profit, culminating in a period of service as a member of the Board of Directors.

These days I just work with scuba, but I know that all of that other expertise feeds into my scuba-related activities. It's not a separate thing for me.

In my real life I am a technical services manager for a drilling fluids company. I help design drilling "mud" used for drilling oil and gas wells. I have been in this field for over 35 years. I spent 25 of those years in the field around drilling rigs. I currently work in an office and watch over reports and advise the field personnel and operator representatives and recommend physical and chemical properties required to solve problems encountered while drilling wells. This entails everything from flow properties to inhibitive chemistry and hydraulics. I have some experience in all facets of my business including engineering the fluids, suggesting specific fluids, cost estimates, pricing, inventory control on location and warehouse and equipment management, logistics and sales.

I began diving 4 years ago and find my mind often drifting off into dreams of diving and travel. Until taking up the sport of diving my travel to different countries was limited to Canada. Since then I have traveled to several Caribbean locations.

I'm an ER/Flight Nurse. That means I can stick tubes in every opening of your body, and create a new holes if needed. You might even consider these to be good things. :)
I'm also a martial artist. I teach traditional (non-sport) taekwondo (mostly) at the local YMCA. Since it's not a commercial school, we have no concerns about profitability, which means it's cheap and we can offer scholarships (even full rides) to people who would never get the opportunity to study any other way. I don't consider myself a particularly good writer, but I've published two books on the Moo Duk Kwan style of taekwondo.
I'm an avid car guy and off roader and work with a couple friends to build Jeeps and cars. We do everything from suspension fabrication to building the motors to welding up the cages. I competed in Four Wheeler Magazines Real Truck Club Challenge in my '98 Dodge Ram and it appeared in both their magazine and the DVD about the competition. We've built everything from an EFI 383 Chevy V8 powered Wrangler to a 576RWHP Trans Am. Current project is a '99 Corvette.

I am a drug dealer with three passports

Oh the drugs are legal BTW

great topic,

ok a little bit of my extras beside diving industry
i was system administrator in the bank, know my way around serrvers windows and linux ones, about compters in every aspect of it hardware software , i was security manager for vault operations, so i know my way of money supplies to branches and stuff,
i grew up surrounded by wars combined with sanctions and inflation, so i know how to work around almost any system :wink: im good with numbers , internet, finding shortcuts and doing my job as fast as possible wih no errors :wink:
travelled europe on motorbike can do iron butt series , have skills in rock climbing, alpinism, sky diving , paragliding, and plenty more , this is just a start of my extras :wink: enough for now

now i just want to be in diving industry do tech and switch to commercial, i will not stop until i become bloody good in some of those

I'm an environmental manager. I specialize in hazardous waste disposal systems, particularly incinerators. Though lately I've been working as an environmental program manager for a large logistics company. I also manage their safety programs. I usually write pretty well. I co-authored some articles in a couple scientific journals.

I work in the UAE, but the homestead is in Arkansas. I have acres of standing hardwood there. I would occasionally cut a few trees, saw them into boards, dry them in my solar kiln, and turn them into furniture. When not making sawdust... er furniture, I lampworked marbles and door knobs out of borosilicate glass. I used to jump out of airplanes, when I wasn't flying them, and I rode a few bulls in the local rodeo. Injuries and age have led me back to the serenity of diving, which I'm fortunate to do regularly here in the middle east.

Many many moons ago I worked on pipeline restoration and concrete work. If it's on wheels or tracks I can make it happen. Went in to high speed lithography and offset printing for a few and thats were the electrical trade began. 5 years of night courses at Penn State for digital microprocessing, motor control theory, welding, electronics, and dc motor theory. Used to design and build computers that controlled high speed web presses and book binding equipment before the advent of plc's. Still do the design and build stuff but now cheat and use plc's. Traveled for years installing machines for the paper industry across the US, Mexico and South America. Semi retired in 1996 and bought some rental cabins on a lake in upstate NY. Started my own service for the paper industry in 2001 so as to be able to buy some "toys" and travel. Life has been good and have found out that if you apply yourself and work hard you will go far. Started diving at 57 yrs old and three years later still can't get enough. Have purchased or built all the gear for side-mount, independent back mount twins, usual bc configurations, and slinging a pony/extra air. Just may have to buy a CCR unit next, but who knows. Life is short enjoy it!!

Technical Software Analyst/DBA/Troubleshooter for a living (although I will not usually tell you that in person so you don't ask me to fix your computer). Fiber artist, Wife, Mother to two big chocolate labs and one daughter. Active in several community organizations.

I am dislexic, can't spell, love teddy bears and have spent the past 20 years full time adventuring on land, sea and sky,running out of money, making money, looking for sponsors and sponsoring others, especially young adventurers like 16 yo Jessica Watson, sailing solo around the world in her PINK boat and even now setting up "Pirate Camp" to train young adventurers on a tropical island in TONGA. Now I worry that even Australian Geographioc Society recon I am ready to retire? due to my last gold medal from them, but hey!!! Always recon life is for living without regret!! and have pleanty left, next planning a URAL motor bike around the world ...lol

I direct TV commercials for a living. Done some work in feature films too when I was younger, still working on my first film. It gives me a lot of flexibility to travel, to scuba dive, to be an instructor whenever I need something different, etc. I really love my job, but love doing other stuff too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom