Hydro Testing -- Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I get my hydro testing done online @ the same place I get my tanks filled for 1/2 the price that some of you other people are paying for land based testing.

Those virtual hydros and visuals are perfect for the virtual cylinders of today's virtual diver. I tried to get a real hydro on my thumb drive but it didn't hold up to 5000 psi.

God! I have created a monster! You guys! Might I remind everyone that a virtual hydrostatic stest will not provide REAL air to the diver in a real diving environment.

John you know the guy up there at Broken Bow has a Hydro testing set up.
I'm not sure what he charges but I get the feeling that sometime during the next year I'm going to find out.

On the other hand it's provided lot's of virtual hot air!

No, you're doing it all wrong. You've got to reduce the thoughput. It's those fast fills that are so hot. Slow and easy, that's the way.

I get my hydro testing done online @ the same place I get my tanks filled for 1/2 the price that some of you other people are paying for land based testing.

You already get your tanks filled 100% cheaper than they do :rofl3:

Thanks guys!
I knew there was a "real" answer out there and I knew you guys would have it. Ha! I have my answer! Thank you!

btw Tex, I thought about calling you directly but thought I might throw this question out to the larger community. Thanks again!

What was the answer?

John you know the guy up there at Broken Bow has a Hydro testing set up.
I'm not sure what he charges but I get the feeling that sometime during the next year I'm going to find out.

That might be worth checking the next time you're up that way. I had forgotten about that guy. Aint no way I am going that far for a hydro test though. I don't care how cheap he might be.

You already get your tanks filled 100% cheaper than they do :rofl3:

I am jealous! That's not fair! I have to pay for my air fills!

What was the answer?

Paul,
Alan has some knowledge of the dive shop community up here. He knows where all of the skeletons are in the closets; so he suggested a hydro testing facility that happens to be right down the street from my house :D Very convenient for me. It's a little testing facility that's hidden in one of those out of the way business parks. You would never know it was there; unless you know it is there. Anywho, I have a cheap hydro testing facility right around the corner from my house. That was the answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom